Thread: Who wants to go riding???????????

Talking Who wants to go riding???????????

Looking for riding partners, im young and like to rip it up , yet experienced and a good trusting partner.

Just bought my new 2007 Summit 550f with a 136x16 so got the same float as a 144x15. Went to big lake lastnight, to break in the sled a bit. For me its got decent power.

Looking to take 1vehicle and as many sleds as we can get on a trailer and go ride places that have decent snow, been wanting to ride valdez or paxson.

Let me know

Default Fellow 550f guy

I'm also rather new to snowmachining and bought a Summit 550f last year. I have been very pleased with it so far. Likewise, I'm anxious to find some snow for riding. I was at Hatcher Pass (Fishhook parking lot) on Sunday and did some hiking around. There is about 18 inches of beautiful snow and is good for skiing but they will not open it for snowmachining until there is 3 feet of snow. However, I wonder if the snow is just as good on the other side of the pass...no restrictions there and accessible via the Hatcher Pass road from Willow or possible boondog up the south side of Baldy. Anyway, as soon as a ride-able snow is identified I'm ready to go!!

Thumbs up Keep me posted

I'm still riding my old trusty Polaris 700 RMK but I think I can keep up )
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Talking lets ride

Im up for riding the opposite side of hatchers as you suggested if its possible...
    Where do you live? im in anchorage.

Nothin wrong with ridin an ol rusty polaris aslong as it runs right.

Default gonna be a few weeks for me

The wife is having a baby any day now so I can't wander far from home. After everything settles down I will be good to go.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Talking

Congradulations on the upcoming baby. WIsh you luck with that. Look forward to maybe riding once youve fullfilled your family obligations.

Default Let it snow!!

Congrats to you Akmud!! I have a couple young boys and they are tons of fun and a great excuse to buy cool toys (snowmachines/fourwheeler). And Mr 550f I live near Palmer. Also, concerning your ride around Big Lake is it worth going back there to ride? Is there enough snow for riding on the trails around there?

Lightbulb not really

If you dont like bumpy rides its really not worth going there untill more snowfalls, it was really rough due to overridin areas. some parts of the trails have rocks showing. but if your desperate to just ride then go for it.

I was thinking of drivin up to willow on sunday and checking things out if i get the new floor installed on the trailer i bought today.

If your up for going maybe we could meet up that way and put some miles on the sleds.

Sorry I didn't get your message until now...but couldn't go anyway r/t having to work. What about Eureka later on this week? The trail report on the radio (Saturday at about 1230 on AM 700) said there was enough snow to putt around on the trail system there. I will log on around mid-week for your reply.

Thumbs up sounds good

Its allright, work comes first. I went up to willow and rode from 20miles north back to willow, via the trails along the glenn hwy. Turned out to be an alright ride, Pretty rough in spots and i rolled my sled down the ditch haha FUN!!!

Eureka sounds good, just tell me a day and time.

Default Paxon Eureka ect

Not enough snow any of those places between the valley and Summit lake.
    just got back from the weekend ptarmigan trip adn we saw a few snowmobilers out there, but the snow depth is only around 8-12" almost everrywhere we went. they do have little trails here and there that looked ok, but it wouldn't take long to get bored of those little 1-2 mile jaunts.
    Justin
    Justin

Default Howabout west side of Hatcher Pass i.e. Willow drainage?

Thanks Jusin for the advise re: Eureka...I guess one must be patient and wait for more snow before heading in that direction. On the bright side, I finally talked with someone who drove up the Willow/Hatcher Pass road to access the snow on the West side of Hatcher Pass and they thought is was descent riding with 12-18 inches of snow, but you have to watch out for the rocks.

So 550f guy lets forget about going to Eureka (until more snow) and maybe head up the Willow/Hatcher Pass road?? Sorry you rolled your machine and hope all is well with you and machine.

Thumbs up

Thanks justin for the information.
    Didnt do any damage to the machine or me, it was kinda exciting.

Doug the idea of going to that area is good with me. Im not busy at all this week. So which ever day is best for you, i can drive up. Let me know your thoughts on day and time.

Hey 550f give me a call if still interested on riding somewhere on Saturday if the weather calms down a bit. The wind is still blowing like crazy around here. Doug 745-1560

Lightbulb perfect

Alright doug, ill give you a call sometime on friday.
    2007 Skidoo Summit 550f 136x16

Stewie: Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

LOL...you fan cooled guys have it good. No way my liquid cooled sled could ride anywhere in S.C. AK right now.

Question Find the snow and let's go

Love to go riding, 1 problem though, no snow. Hatcher's is no good yet, but thompson pass, maybe, haven't heard a word on it. Would like to know if anyone has, my 700 RMK is looking sad sittin there waiting.

Lightbulb

Hatchers had enough to ride, aslong as you watch out for rocks here and there. and the road up is bare . but all in all me and doug had a good ride there on saturday.

Valdez and paxson i hear have snow. i might be heading to valdez for the weekend.
    2007 Skidoo Summit 550f 136x16

Stewie: Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Default Turnigan

Anyone up for a trip to Turnagain tomorrow (Sat.)? I've never been there so I need a guide!!!! I have a 2 place.