Thread: Do it yourself Charters out of whitter

Default Do it yourself Charters out of whitter

Just talking to a few buddies about renting a boat from http://www.alaska-boat-rentals.com/

Just wondering if anyone has used them or knows of another outfit kinda simular
    thanks

I'll be renting from them in two weeks for a 7 day trip. I'll post a report when I get back.

Default Used Him

I used to rent boats a couple times a month from Rib back in the day. Good dude, straight shooter, boats are nice, do it.

Gooch
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Default 7 days

I am jealous - which boat are you renting?

Watch the pole holder on the aft starboard side of you are on the 26'er (not the cuddy one).

are you taking extra fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I am jealous - which boat are you renting?

Watch the pole holder on the aft starboard side of you are on the 26'er (not the cuddy one).

are you taking extra fuel?
    I'm getting the 26'er, "Katie Lynn". Thanks for the heads up!

I was told I should bring some extra gas. I planned on heading back to Whittier every few days to drop off fish (if we get into them), and gas up.

Does DIY charters have a good selection of bait, lures and other rigs for silvers and butts? Wondering if I should swing by bass pro before I leave Colorado, although I'd like to give my business to the folks up there.

B&J's in Anchorage has a great selection and knowlege. They are the best salt water store in the Anchorage area.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default Wait till you are here

Having been to the Bass Pro in Colorado, I recommend you not. B&J's, or even the Sportsman's Warehouse, here in Anchorage will have a lot more of the important stuff. And with really no additional cost. Plus, they will have a much better chance of knowing what you will want.

Quote Originally Posted by HiPlainsDrifter View Post
    Having been to the Bass Pro in Colorado, I recommend you not. B&J's, or even the Sportsman's Warehouse, here in Anchorage will have a lot more of the important stuff. And with really no additional cost. Plus, they will have a much better chance of knowing what you will want.
    Yup, that makes sense. Thanks!

hope you get into some nice fish. I was hoping to be able to make it out by chenega(sp) bay.
    I know of a few good spots out in that area. I emailed them asking on availability. hopefully it works out. but i would love to hear from you and see how it went.

B&J's is the best bet talk to Tom Robertson not only does he know his stuff but he is a great guy. He sets myself and my wife up every year.
    Just so you know I am a penny pincher but if you want some one that will stand next to what they sell you and be there is you ahve a problem it is worth it to me. So with that said B&J's all the way. Phone number is 907-274-0575.