Thread: Ship closure question

Default Ship closure question

I was just curious if the entire river is closed to all fishing or if it's just closed to king fishing. They closed the matsu steams to kings but it's still open for rainbows. Is it the same with ship as well? I'd like to do some fishing tonight after work but don't want to leave town.

Default ALL

Quote Originally Posted by crashAK View Post
    I was just curious if the entire river is closed to all fishing or if it's just closed to king fishing. They closed the matsu steams to kings but it's still open for rainbows. Is it the same with ship as well? I'd like to do some fishing tonight after work but don't want to leave town.
    It is closed to all fishing upstream of the Dam to Reeve Blvd until sometime in september. It will open back up from the dam to the mouth sometime soon. do a google search for Alaska Fish & Game Emergency Orders and find the specifics.

I was at the cable crossing the other day and the sign specifally said, "ALL FISHING."

If I remember right it will open to fishing for other salmon besides King in mid July. Check with ADF&G.

The last week in July the silvers should start to show up in numbers.

An emergency order, effective Monday, June 29, 2009, has been issued to close the Ship Creek drainage to all sport fishing through September 30, 2009. The section of Ship Creek below the Chugach Power Plant dam will reopen July 14 for the popular coho salmon fishery.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Stati...9_Shipking.pdf
    Pursue happiness with diligence.