Thread: Any action in Resurrection Creek?

Arrow Any action in Resurrection Creek?

A friend and I was thinking about going down to Resurrection Creek near hope in a few days to see how the fishing is. I was wondering if anyone has seen how the action is like down there. I heard that Pink salmon run up the river and there is a popluation of Dolly Varden. So yeah does anybody know what is in the river and when they start showing up? Maybe have some success or failure stories? I was hoping to go this monday or tuesday. See ya!

--Chris
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

I just got off the phone with my son, he said the pinks are there, he's heading back to Anchorage this afternoon.

Took my kids out there yesterday, the pinks are there but not real thick yet. Maybe another week or so and I'll bring the kids out again.

I have heard about fishing at hope but never been will a three and five year old have a "chance" at catching anything?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Fun View Post
    I have heard about fishing at hope but never been will a three and five year old have a "chance" at catching anything?

YEP.......A two year old could catch fish next week in Hope, Alaska. The only problem is children want to keep all 50 fish they catch.

If I were to take a young one fishing for the first time it would be for grayling up north or to hope for pinks. Lots of action and no boredom. Hope is a great place to take kids. Easy to keep an eye on them. Easy access. Heck my wife and I still make a run down there at least once a year with our 5wts to play catch and release for them. It is alot of fun
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default I'm going....

Thanks! For all the info we are going next weekend. I have tried to research it and all I need is light rod with a pixie tied to the end with a cinch knot?

For the kids do they need a special pole or will a "snoopy" pole handle it or just use mine?

We are new at this, hubby is gone and I am tired of hearing everyone I know say that they will take us to catch some fish and they never get around to it -- I am sure that we will definatley have fun from the sounds of it!

I think snoopy would be pushing it. a cheap spinning combo from wal mart with 15 lbs test on it should work just fine. Im sure you can pick them up under 35 bucks. I dont use pixies, I just cast a coho fly out there. Pixies will and do work. Pinks are not very picky and will hit anything that is shiny also. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me also. Oh and make sure to post pics of the kids first fish for all of us to see

AK FUN, If you post the dates your going to be down at Hope I'm sure any one of the fisher person's on this forum heading that way would be more then happy to give your kids a helping hand!!! That creek is VERY snaggy and Pixies aren't cheap! I would buy the Coho (Russian River) flies and twist on weights 1/4 oz and 3/8 oz depending on how fast the river is running. If you don't have waders or rubber boots people will wade out in front of you and it makes it very hard for kids to fish. You can always teach your kids the helicopter casting method which keeps people back pretty good!!!!

You can always teach your kids the helicopter casting method which keeps people back pretty good!!!!

Now that is funny and good stuff right there.

Default I'm going....

Thanks! For all the info we are going next weekend. I have tried to research it and all I need is light rod with a pixie tied to the end with a cinch knot?

For the kids do they need a special pole or will a "snoopy" pole handle it or just use mine?

We are new at this, hubby is gone and I am tired of hearing everyone I know say that they will take us to catch some fish and they never get around to it -- I am sure that we will definatley have fun from the sounds of it!

Just be advised that next weekend is "CRAZY" Weekend in Hope, AK. It is the festival, wagon road race, lottery, Free food, whisky, Women.

Even Better!

lots of pinks there this morning, and bright.

Default headed down this evening..

I am taking my 3 kids down their this evening.. their seasoned fishermen and women.. but since none of us have been their, what the heck.. sounds like a blast..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    I am taking my 3 kids down their this evening.. their seasoned fishermen and women.. but since none of us have been their, what the heck.. sounds like a blast..
    Cool!
    Tell me how it goes when ya get back!

--Chris
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

The wife, 4 boys, and myself were down there last night. Had a good time and the wife caught two pinks, which made her day as they were her first salmon. It was a nice place to take the boys. No one seemed real upset about them roaring around and the folks fishing around them were real patient. Especially the gent that was upstream of #2 son who nicely untangled their line after Sean had cast over his. Thanks again friend. After hearing horror stories of combat fishing I was worried about my crew, but all was good. Hope Hope is always that family friendly.
    Justin