Thread: Rhino lining on fiberglass

Default Rhino lining on fiberglass

I've been toying with the idea of adding some type of rhino lining or line x type of product to my cockpit area. Boat is 22ft Seasport. I'm intrigued about the idea of better footing and ease of cleanup. I'm constantly scrubbing the deck, wanting to get any/all blood, scales, drips of oil off the deck just becuase it looks so bad on nice white gel coat. Seems it would be much easier with this type of lining. I've seen this stuff on aluminum boats but am wondering if anyone has put down on fiberglass. Thanks!
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Default Rhino lining

I lined the decking of my Seasport 3 years ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. The durablility has been great. Heck, it looks like I just finished it. Just be super careful with it. You don't want to get it anywhere not intended. I even put it on the back swim deck as it keeps the cooler from slipping and looks clean. Oh, I also put a couple coats on the trailer fenders, because as you know, your always climbing up and over them and they can be slippery. I say go for it.

Thumbs up Good idea

If you give Jon at Auto Armor 522-7633 a call he can answer all kinds of tech questions, I have had him do several different things including a boat and trailers, his pricing is very fair and he is the owner so its nice dealing with a guy who really cares how a job is done.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Interesting idea.
    Can you have it done in any color? Approximately how much does it cost per square foot? Is it warranted against chipping or peeling?
    Tennessee

Default Yes many colors

and it stays looking nice for a long time, call Jon about warranties??
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Another option, possibly cheaper, is to use an epoxy paint and sprinkle small sized rock salt on while the paint is still wet.
    The paint tends to try and "creep" up the sides of the salt granules.
    When dry, you just rinse the salt away and you end up with little micro craters for added traction.

I have not done this myself, just heard of the process by others.

You may want try it on a test piece first as it may be a little "spartan" for some peoples taste.

Just an idea

Oz