Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: group ride

Smile group ride

Just wondering if there are any out there that would be interested in putting together a group ride to the Knik glacier sometime this summer? It would be fun to meet some of you as well as take a good ride. I would be willing to spear head the organization if there is any interest.

Just reply to the post if you are interested and we will come up with a date/time.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

A ride to Knik Glacier?!?!?!?!?!?! I am always up for a ride to the glacier. If you want a challenging ride try and follow me through the swamps. :-)

Default Maybe two rides........

Maybe we will schedule one for the hardcores and another for the families.

Works for me!
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thumbs up Eureka ride

There's going to be a lot of riders going to Eureka this weekend, if you've never ridden there you really need to check it out. We are headed there this weekend for 2 days of riding and it will be a fun time. I would like to do a ride out to Knik Glacier to but not really into the hardcore mud thing.

The ride to knik glacier is %90 packed gravel, very little mud unless you are looking for it.

I went up to Eureka last year with the AT group, this year I have to watch my daugther. No go for me.

Thumbs up You bet!

I would love to ride to the glacier. I'm not sure about the mud and swamps, I don't know how my machine would do in it. lol

Default Tentative date

Lets set a tentative date of Saturday, July 15. Most people should have their fill of King fishing by then and it will be a little early for silvers. Meet at the large parking lot just beyond the drag strip off of the Old Glenn hwy. say around 9:30am? We can just plan on a good day of riding and have an arranged meeting place somewhere along the way(the big fields near wolf point maybe) to have lunch.

Any problems/suggestions?

It will be an all ages/skill level ride.
    AKmud

Man that would be fun but chances are pretty good that I'll be fishing for reds on the Kenai that weekend. Since the run was so screwed up last year I need to get out every chance I can to fill the freezer!!

Default Dippin

Didn't think about dippin....I may be down there too. What would be a better date? July 8 or June 24? or when? I figure 4th of July weekend wouldn't be good aside from the fact that I will be in Seward.

Lets get a good date for as many people as possible.
    AKmud

With fishing going on it's going to be tough to put a ride together. I'm riding this weekend and then bear hunting next weekend, after that, who knows!!

July 15th is my daugthers birthday anyways.

Would love to go but I can't get free on Saturdays. I have a booth at the downtown market. I am free most any other day of the week. Sold my 20 foot Floe trailer and my new one is due in second week of June.

I also would love to go, any time from June 1st-12th would work

Default How about....

June 11th at 0930. Meet at the big parking lot just down from the drag strip? I was going to say "weather permitting" but as muddy as I usually end up it probably really doesn't matter ).

I'll be there with my junker blue Chevy and my 6x6. I'll make up some sort of sign so we can find each other. Maybe "ODD ride", that should raise some eyebrows.

Let's plan on it.

P.S. I have an extra 4x4 if someone has a wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/significant other who wants to come as well.
    AKmud

June 11th is looking good for me. I can stand just about anything mother nature will throw at us except the wind. Wind + Knik = mouth full of sand.

Sounds good.

I'll try to make next sunday. I need to get brakes on my polaris this weekend (since I have none). I blew them out at bear camp 2 weeks ago.

Thumbs up June 11 it is....

I posted an event on the calendar so maybe we will get some folks who haven't seen this thread. I also put a reminder on the calendar for the three days prior to. Hopefully we will get a decent turnout. I got a kitchen pass from the wife so I am for sure able to go now. I'll plan on being there around 0900 and may put a couple of signs at the turn for the road and parking lot so folks who haven't been there can find it easier. It should be a good time!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys/gals.

Rob
    AKmud

Well guys, how did the ride go??

There are guys at www.atvfrontier.com in the Alaska forum who like to ride Knik also. Might want to post over there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast