Thread: Proper B-Stinger Weight for you

Exclamation Proper B-Stinger Weight for you

A thread over on AT got me thinking about the process I went through finding just the right B-Stinger weight and length to fit me. In case you're thinking about getting one, here's what I found. These are my personal findings and not mentioned on the B-stinger site.

First we must realize that a stabilizer's main function is to stabilize the bow during proper sight acquisition, acquiring proper sight picture and through the release of the arrow. A stabilizer is not primarily a vibration dampener, although that is a pleasant side-effect of the B-stinger's use.

I am a 28.5 draw, pulling a peaked-out 70# bow. That bow is 37-inch ATA, a little longer than most hunters may like, but not by much.

I started with a 14 oz. weight on the end of my 8.5 inch rod and shot it quite a bit. I found that my shots were consistently low, about an inch. I adjusted my sight and the same happened. How can that be?! Answer: The heavy weight forward was causing my arrow tip to drop slightly at release, when there was no longer back pressure causing proper balance. Regardless of sight adjustment, I was shooting low. Front-end too heavy.

I borrowed an 11 oz. weight. During shooting, I found that my arrow tip no longer fell away during the release and I got point-of-aim grouping.

Finding: It matters which weight and how far out front you push it to achieve proper balance based upon let-off, draw length and inherent balance of your particular bow.

Shooting high with your B-Stinger? Try the heavier weight or longer rod.
    Shooting low with your B-Stinger? Try the lighter weight or shorter rod.

If you decrease or increase your draw weight, your tipping point will change, therefore your B-Stinger need will change.

Well, maybe...

One thing is for sure. Nothing stabilizes a hunting bow like a B-Stinger!

Here's a link:
    http://stores.b-stinger.com/Page.bok...ate=WhyItWorks

I've seen them at Archers' Den, so see if Paul will let you try one out!

Taylor

-[]------->

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

[QUOTE started with a 14 oz. weight on the end of my 8.5 inch rod and shot it quite a bit. I found that my shots were consistently low, about an inch. I adjusted my sight and the same happened. How can that be?! Answer: The heavy weight forward was causing my arrow tip to drop slightly at release, when there was no longer back pressure causing proper balance][/QUOTE]

poor upper body conditioning... from spending half the winter on the couch..

still favoring that leg eh?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Marc, looks like shuttle-t's...

Wow, those look spendy! Worth every penny for you or if you could do it again, would you not get one?