Thread: Salcha or Chena kings???

Default Salcha or Chena kings???

Anyone heard if the kings are in yet?
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

78 have gone by the counter on the Chena, so there must be some in the system...gonna go out to the Salcha Friday afternoon, will report back Sunday.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default Kings

I fished the chena all day monday and only saw a few roll in a all day effort. I think they are there just not in huge numbers. I would think either and just be patient and have fun!

Default Kings

Caught 5 Tuesday on the salcha. ADFG website said 38 passed their counting tower that day. Although I don't know how they counted when they were skipping rocks and sunbathing all day. What a great day to be a fish counter.

Quote Originally Posted by BearMan View Post
    Caught 5 Tuesday on the salcha. ADFG website said 38 passed their counting tower that day. Although I don't know how they counted when they were skipping rocks and sunbathing all day. What a great day to be a fish counter.
    Sweet...thanks for the report, I know where I'm headed tommorow night..

Fish On!

Default Huge Numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by akrogers View Post
    I fished the chena all day monday and only saw a few roll in a all day effort. I think they are there just not in huge numbers. I would think either and just be patient and have fun!
    I have never seen huge numbers of kings on the ADF&G count. You have about a two week time frame to catch them in "good" numbers, now is the time to start.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Caught one last night on the Chena, but it was a jack. We will go back to the Chena or try the Salcha tonight.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default pics

o come on guys not many caught down in the matsu with only a few pics lets see if the chena and salcha can produce and better. let see those KINGS

Don't go there, fishing sucked this weekend. I heard quite a few people catching them in the Chena, but we didn't see much in the Salcha. Caught 2 chums....it was a nice hot sunny day on the river though...

we tried the chena this after noon, didnt see a fish roll in my usual spot, floated over the area and saw nothing. I'm sure there was some around but the buddy didnt want to go scouting (using his boat) and his anchor wouldnt hold, to make it more interesting.

Thought about the salcha tomorrow nite.

Sure would be nice to see fairbanks get going on those count reports, many parts of the rest of the state was able to upload the numbers....come on Rich!!!

A friend of a friend caught 5 in the Salcha Saturday but I stayed home for the UFC fights and then Sunday I met my friend out there and fished a few hours. I saw quite a few rolling and saw as many going by the boat. I hooked one jack, then the friend of my friend called and said he caught 5 in 2 hours on the Chena, so he pulled anchor and took off.

We stayed awhile longer and I saw another boat catch a jack also. But we where fishing mid day and it was hotter-n-hell out there. Daniel

Default from the bank

Is it possible to fish for kings from the banks up by the dam? Of course I'd have to stay the 300feet down stream. But, can you catch kings from the bank. I have no boat. What excatly would I use for a pole set up. Do you floss like for reds??

Quote Originally Posted by egreife View Post
    Is it possible to fish for kings from the banks up by the dam? Of course I'd have to stay the 300feet down stream. But, can you catch kings from the bank. I have no boat. What excatly would I use for a pole set up. Do you floss like for reds??
    No flossing there, and yes you can fish up below the ****. THere is a trail that leads down the river aways, there are plenty of places to cast a line. I've caught about 6 kings up there one year. Get a med-heavy fishing pole and chuck spinners or wiggle warts. If the river hasn't changed and is not muddied up, then you can see the fish going by in some places.

Fish On!

Thumbs up IMO

Eggs Eggs Eggs.... Wigglewarts 2nd Dynamite 3rd