Thread: Anyone think the unit 20 moose hunt needs extending..

Question Anyone think the unit 20 moose hunt needs extending..

the last few years it has been "hot summer" temps at the start of the season and well into the season by the time the leaves even come off the trees/bushes ...the last day (the15th) has come and gone.. anyone else see this happening? i have a darn good log of pic's/temps at these times of the year in my cabin and i'd say "unit 20" and al gore are happen'in
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i have also seen snow on the second... 24" worth and stay for the winter.

i still see the warm start... cold rain. and fall in full swing about the same time though...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

F&G is not going to move the moose hunting season to later in the year. Your only option is to learn how to hunt in hot weather, or hunt a different area.

Default early season

I have talked with biologists about this in another area they basically said success would go up so they would have to have a much shorter season.
    I have had to travel back to town several times because moose don't last long in the tree when it is 70 degrees out.

It has been warm the last few years, but I'm not sure that is going to be the norm. Rainbow ridge had a fresh layer of snow 1/3 way down the mountain last week, and there is a huge ice field on part of the Delta River that has yet to melt. I think fall will be much cooler this year than the last few. Atleast I hope! Plus I think Gore is an idiot! I would believe the seasons are shifting before anything that spews from his mouth. My uncle in Iowa says he has noticed a temp change at the start of their water fowl season (warmer), but also thinks that it is colder longer on the other end?!?!?!? Who knows. What I do know, is it is hot right now in the banks!