Thread: pony cove

Default pony cove

Went out to pony cove on the 5th just got home lots of silvers everyone was catching..

Default Yummy

Man...we killed em last year at Pony Cove. Aside from Valdez...one of my favs for Silvers.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Have they moved in towards Thumb Cove yet? I'm guessing it's too early, but....maybe?

Didn't try in at Thumb, but we trolled in the cove just inside Cape Resurrection, and picked up 10 silvers, 3 pinks (2 released) and 2 kings, fishing 2 rods. That was Sunday, 5 Jul. They should be moving toward Thumb pretty soon.

The silvers are everywhere there. We had a hard time catching halibut, due to the silvers hitting the bait before it could get to the bottom. We were catching silvers on the bottom also.

We were catching silvers steady from 8 miles out to 45 miles out.

I would say that Pony Cove was stacked with silvers this last weekend. We pulled in and just drifted.

We were catching them with everything we threw out. Orange Vibrax and Pixies were the favorite. We stopped using bait and used hardware just casting out and reeling back in. I wish I had my flyrod in the boat.

I am going to try and get out there in an open 20' willie in the next day or two, any chance of Halibut nearby or should I just fish silvers?

Yukon, you should forget the wllie, take your john boat instead.

Done it, many years ago, but I have had my jon out there.

We fished out at Pony last weekend and like was said, everyone was catching fish. We did see them jumping as close in as Caines Head. A guy that was camped with us fished that area and did ok. He didn't want to go out too far in his boat.