Thread: Mile 50 Launch Coordinates

Default Mile 50 Launch Coordinates

Getting ready to float the Ivishak down to the mile 50 launch for a "road side" pick up. I was hoping someone could give me some good coordinates for the launch.

going by google earth
    shows it pretty good
    ACCESS ROAD FROM HAUL ROAD AND SMALL SQUARE OR RECTANGULAR "POND" IN GRAVEL PIT NORTH EDGE OF ACCESS ROAD.
    ? 4-5 MILES NORTH OF PUMP #2

69"34'05.51N
    148"36'00.68 W

IF YOU MISS THE LITTLE BRANCH TO LAUNCH ABOUT A MILE DOWN MAIN CHANNEL IT GETS REAL CLOSE TO ROAD
    EASY TO MISS BUT USUALLY THERE IS SOME FLAGGING , MOST YEARS YOU DON'T WANT THE FIRST CHANNEL......PROBABLY CAN SEE WHERE PIPELINE GOES UNDER GROUND FROM THERE AFTER THAT JUST STAY TO LEFT.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

PROBABLY MORE IMPORTANT # ARE AT THE TURN YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TRIBUTARY TO GET TO LAUNCH.

69"32' 44.74 N
    148"32'33.85W
    AGAIN FROM GOOGLE EARTH

STAY TO LEFT IT WILL LOOK LIKE IT IS GOING TO RUN OUT OF WATER
    NARROW SPOT ALONG EDGE OF BRUSHY ISLAND TO LEFT. AFTER S CURVE AND GETS DEEP AND WIDE THEN NARROWS AGAIN
    YOU TUBE VIDEO SHOWS BEST PATH MOST OF THE WAY TO BOAT LAUNCH FROM JUST DOWN FROM S CURVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J43tve19OIg
    ONE SPOT ? 1/2 WAY DIVIDES IN TO 3 BRAIDS RIGHT IS BEST, FROM MY EXPERIENCE, VIDEO SHOWS IT

PHOTOBUCKET VIDEO SHOW S CURVE PROBABLY VIEW BACK TO MAIN CHANNEL
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n...IVERSCURVE.flv
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate the help.

and if you do miss it, you can take out at the first or second big jetty....a few more miles downriver. We did this a few years ago cough cough...actuallyplanned it, the 2nd time we pulled out at the normal launch area.