Thread: What we do for our dogs.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default What we do for our dogs.

Last year we built a 16 x 16 shed with individual dog boxes entering into the shed. Even so they sleep on the couches every night.

In May when we found out where all the mud would be, we laid the patio stone flooring for the outside area and set up chain link runs, 18 x 10 foot area.
    In June we finished the 40 x 60 chain link area (hand digging post holes) and filled in the yard with ¾ minus. I thought we were done.

Two weeks ago we were too crowded on the 6 x 16 deck with all the plants, BBQ and 4 dogs. We extended the deck to a 16 x 16 area now we can sit in the sun later in the day. Put up a picnic table, and a 10 X 10 awning. The dogs crowd by the back door.

Today I bought a 6 ft plastic kiddy pool and tried to shove it into a 5 ft wide SUV.The lady at the hair salon said she'd watched people try to shove that pool into their vehicles all day. I called for the pickup truck to get it home. We filled it with 8 inches of well water, I hear there is still frozen ground at 14 feet in the local gravel pit. One dog went in to retrieve a Kong but noone else was up for ice cold water even in our 85 degree back yard. At 4:30 all the dogs were laying outside the backdoor in the shade. We are thinking about what we could do next for them.
    www.alaskadognews.com

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

my dog says he wants to come over and stay on vaction....

he got tied out so he could not see me today.....

i am on my third set of ear plugs....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I never thought my service dog was a swimmer........he is... big time.,. he and my yellow lab love to play in the lake,.. I wish I could keep the dogs next door outta my yard and make them stop stealing things.. it's really annoying.. and NO I'm not shooting them .. I've talked to the owner and they are "working on it"

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

My dog sleeps in the bed with me everynight. spoiled rotten little........
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default The pool -day two.

Its 80 degrees in the backyard. Think I'll empty the mosquito pond, move it into the sun and try again. At least I have warmed water for the plants. I imagined the dogs would be crazy to jump in it. I know its not a lake but I'd have to put up with the campers at the Knik Bar.
    www.alaskadognews.com