Thread: Valdez Salmon

Default Valdez Salmon

So what are the reports down off the banks in Valdez. Are the pinks in or not?? Keep hearing reports that they are, there not, they are, there not...can anyone give a good confirmation ?? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechshooter View Post
    So what are the reports down off the banks in Valdez. Are the pinks in or not?? Keep hearing reports that they are, there not, they are, there not...can anyone give a good confirmation ?? Thanks in advance
    A guy at my work went down and said that they are there, just not in HUGE numbers...

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

My brother was there over the July 4th weekend. Said they were in (stacked was his term) but I personally wasn't there. YMMV
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Just got back from Allison Point with 30 or so people fishing and saw about 10 salmon landed in one hour.

The pinks are in and the numbers are good, got limit in less than an hour. Be careful, it's like a circus down there on Allison Point, ton's of people with no common sense. I got hooked in the hand and waders by guys next to me, and lost a few while landing them because they didn't care when someone says fish on. WATCH OUT FOR THE BEARS, there is at least one grizz that has been frequenting the area around the hatchery, and he ain't afraid of people.