Thread: Jim Creek Reds ?

Default Jim Creek Reds ?

I have had a lot of success with silvers at Jim creek in the past. But was wondering if Reds even come up there? Are they in now?

Thanks

jim creek gets a decent red run i do not believe it heats up until early august/late july

I was catching them last year at Jim Creek in the 3rd week in July when the Silvers started running.

I've caught several reds fishing for silvers at the Eklutna Tailrace. I'm assuming they were bound for Jim Creek. If you fish below the race in the Knik and do a standard flossing technique, you can get just about anything swimming by. I've caught silvers, reds, pinks and chums there, all while targeting silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    I've caught several reds fishing for silvers at the Eklutna Tailrace. I'm assuming they were bound for Jim Creek. If you fish below the race in the Knik and do a standard flossing technique, you can get just about anything swimming by. I've caught silvers, reds, pinks and chums there, all while targeting silvers.
    That's exactly how I caught the ones at Jim Creek. I was targeting silvers.

Default No early fish yet!

Spent an hour out at Jim creek tonight looking for reds or silvers. No sign of anything. The Knik is way up with the recent hot weather. Might be slow for the next week or so. Then things should pick up.

No sign of salmon in Jim Creek at the first Y today. But I did see a dead black fish. HMMMM I've never caught one of those out there, but I'll be ****ed I saw him dead floating on the surface.