Thread: Logs in Eagle River

Default Logs in Eagle River

I went to float Eagle River this morning and there are are a couple gnarly logs in campground rapids. The first one is above the sneak route on river left; it is difficult to see. The other one is lodged in the slot on river right. I was unable to remove either log. Eagle River is fun to run when the water is pumping like this, but make sure you scout before hand.

Was the sweeper still present just below the rapid on river right?

I heard today, via KCK's list server, that the log in the right channel was gone by this afternoon (7/8/09). All this high water moves stuff around all the time, so you need to scout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    Was the sweeper still present just below the rapid on river right?
    Ya, that birch tree is about 30 yds below and its branches are in the water; it's pretty easy to move around, but if someone had a mishap it could be nasty.

I floated the bridge to bridge section this morning around 8am (7/11). It was up to 5.6 feet, and the water was really cranking. Up high there is a lot of wood on the verge of going downstream. There was a few logs on the left side of Campground; one log was perpendicular to the current, but looked like it was ready to let go any second. I ran Campground a little right of center (definitely a high water line). The right half of the river was unobstructed with the exception of the sweeper. The logs are on the move, so scout immediately before you run it. Have fun.