Thread: Dahl porpoise video

Default Dahl porpoise video

Thought I would share this video taken off the bow while running 26 MPH. The don't even appear to move much.

In my short time in PWS we've encounted dahl purpose several times. When they show up everyone puts on life jackets and sits on the bow to watch them play around the boat. For my girls it is always listed as one of the highlights of the trip.

It's amazing how fast they travel with no apparent effort.

Thanks for sharing

Bob thanx for sharing footage they are always so much fun when they will come play.
    Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Was this Saturday in PWS

We found about 30 playing in the sound and when they saw the boat they came over and played for about 30 min and then followed us for a cuple miles.
    They can put on a GREAT show and they are fast!!!

The kids love them

Later Moose

Thanks for sharing the video. Looks neat and sure does seem effortless on its part.

darn it - I keep forgetting that my camera has video capasity! I'll have to remember next time...
    Here's a few pictures that I got this weekend - they are SUPER fast
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had them mess with my dogs for better part of an hour one day. They would go from one side of the boat to the other getting my dogs to chase them back and forth. They obiviously made sounds that the dogs could hear and the dogs would run to that side and start barking. They would frolick and splash, move to the other side of the boat and start all over again.

I wish I had video that day.

PWS is one of those Wonders of the World that I hope will be here for a long time to come. With stuff like this it can never be a bad day on the water.

Just a note based on an observation I once made - if ever you are fishing and dahl porpoises show up, reel your line in quick. They can zip by and accidentally snag your line.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Just a note based on an observation I once made - if ever you are fishing and dahl porpoises show up, reel your line in quick. They can zip by and accidentally snag your line.

Same with anchor lines and whales