Thread: Kings in Ninilchik River??

Default Kings in Ninilchik River??

I am wondering if there are still kings coming into Ninilchik or not. Staying in Anchor with the family for a few days. Did see 20-25 kings in the lagoon on the spit at lowtide today.

Default Check ADF&G web site

I think I remember reading they closed Ninilchik, Deep Creek and Anchor for kings...

Here's what the ADF&G fishhing report for July 1 says:

• The Ninilchik River reopened on July 1 to fishing for all species except for wild king salmon from its mouth to department markers located approximately 2 miles upstream.
    • Deep Creek reopened to fishing for species other than king salmon on July 1 from its mouth to department markers located approximately 2 miles upstream.
    • Anchor River weir daily and cumulative counts are available on the Division of Sport Fish Web site or by calling the Homer ADF&G office. The Anchor River is closed to fishing for king salmon; see page 42 of the 2009 Southcentral Alaska Sport Fishing Regulations Summary booklet for regulations concerning fishing for other species.
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Page 43 of the regs for Ninilchik say you can harvest hatchery kings from July 1st to Dec 31st with 2 per day 2 in possession.

I know it's open for hatchery kings but wasn't sure if any were coming in or not still.