Thread: Talkeetna area lakes with canoe?

Default Talkeetna area lakes with canoe?

takin' the little guys up to talkeetna on wend. and looking for some canoe accesable lakes to pick up some trout or whatever in...heard X or Y lake? any one got any insight that might help us out!
    got their first grayling yesterday up at weiner lake on the glenn, good numbers of fish, but a fly woulda been better than the spinners.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    takin' the little guys up to talkeetna on wend. and looking for some canoe accesable lakes to pick up some trout or whatever in...heard X or Y lake? any one got any insight that might help us out!
    got their first grayling yesterday up at weiner lake on the glenn, good numbers of fish, but a fly woulda been better than the spinners.
    X Lake has decent fishing and is next to the highway. Y Lake is catch and release and has pretty good flyfishing. I like lake leeches in brown, olive, purple, and black.

Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    X Lake has decent fishing and is next to the highway. Y Lake is catch and release and has pretty good flyfishing. I like lake leeches in brown, olive, purple, and black.
    I second that.....I've fished these lakes considerably and usually have outstanding luck! However, with the warm temps over the holiday weekend, the fishing was VERY slowwwww!!!! I fished Y-Lake (roadside) on Friday evening & Saturday morning from my canoe-- with *ZERO* bites. Water temp was more suitable for swimming than fishing!

BRWNBR, not X or Y but using spinners for grayling I have had sucess with a 0 mepps wilh an olive and brown body with a red tail. The picture below doean't have the olive but looks similar. Both brass and nickle blades do well.

It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

We fished Tigger lake a bit on Sunday. It was to hot for any real success. The lake is very peaceful as you have to walk just under 200 yards of trail to get into it. A fellow we met at the campground said he limited out the night before fishing at 7 pm.

If you are looking for it there is no sign coming from Talkeetna, only as you are driving towards town.