Thread: Scope installation devise

Default Scope installation devise

What type/brand of scope installation crosshair leveling devise do you like/use ?? I have tried several but have not found one that works good.

I have the Level-Level-Level from Wheeler Engineering. As far as I can tell, my scope reticles are nearly perfectly oriented.

I got mine from http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=529349
    Now what ?

Plumb line.

Hang a plumb line and set up a mounting bench with sand bags or gun rest near the plumb line at about minimum scope focus distance from the plumb line.

Place the rifle in it's reast and mount your lower scope rings, place your scope in the rings and snuggly, but not tightly, mount the upper ring halves. Eyeball through the muzzle and split the bore opening with the plumbline, at the same time align your windage reticle vertically with the plumbline. This should get you very close.

-MR

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Plumb line.

Hang a plumb line and set up a mounting bench with sand bags or gun rest near the plumb line at about minimum scope focus distance from the plumb line.

Place the rifle in it's reast and mount your lower scope rings, place your scope in the rings and snuggly, but not tightly, mount the upper ring halves. Eyeball through the muzzle and split the bore opening with the plumbline, at the same time align your windage reticle vertically with the plumbline. This should get you very close.

-MR
    I like it!

Don't forget to level the rifle by putting a small level on top of the bottom scope ring half before putting the scope in the rings. Unfortunatly, this is only good for upper/lower half rings, Leupold, weaver, etc..

For Warne type rings, put the level on the scope base or on the receiver for Ruger 77's.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwoods View Post
    I like it!

Don't forget to level the rifle by putting a small level on top of the bottom scope ring half before putting the scope in the rings. Unfortunatly, this is only good for upper/lower half rings, Leupold, weaver, etc..

For Warne type rings, put the level on the scope base or on the receiver for Ruger 77's.
    By aligning the bore with the windage reticle you will level the rifle better than you could with a level, IMO.