Thread: Halibut Charter Discounts This Week

Default Halibut Charter Discounts This Week

I've seen a lot of discounted seats on halibut charters for this week. Is there a specific reason this week seems to be a downer week for Halibut?

The halibut fishing has been great! It still is. The tourism is way down and most guides have alot of empty seats to try to fill. With all the king closures, I would have thought that the 'but boys would be filling their boats better than they are.

Where are you seeing the discounts?

craigslist. granted I'm new here and although several charters are advertising "half price" it may be about the same price as others and I'm just not sure what the average charter trip costs. These guys are advertising $100-165 per seat.

Default NSC

I would be careful with Ninilchik Saltwater Charters. They are on CL a bunch. New owner is a con man and has no business being around a charter operation. I have posted on this before, recently, I just don't want people to lose money. There are plenty of good operations to choose from. If one of them can't help you for the dates you want they will get you with someone.

You may be looking at 1/2 day charters vs full day charters. Depends on what you want. A good combo trip out of Seward will run over $200. but it is 12 hrs and targets butts, rockfish, ling cod, salmon. Right now we are seeing a lot of whales and porpoises (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    You may be looking at 1/2 day charters vs full day charters. Depends on what you want. A good combo trip out of Seward will run over $200. but it is 12 hrs and targets butts, rockfish, ling cod, salmon. Right now we are seeing a lot of whales and porpoises (sp)
    Who does a full day combo or even just silvers for 200.00? I would love to do one of those. All the ones i find are 300.00. Please shoot me a PM to let me know who is running these.

Over 200 for full day. Millers landing is $260, I think

Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    Over 200 for full day. Millers landing is $260, I think
    And when you add in the tax, port fee, etc, it usually comes to $300 if not over...
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.