Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Great Campground between Eagle River and Fairbanks

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    192

    Default Great Campground between Eagle River and Fairbanks

    As the title implies.... looking for one or two really fantastic campgrounds between Eagle River and Fairbanks that could break up the trip and offer some natural solitude and scenery along the way. Wouldn't mind a recommendation on something similar around Fairbanks either. Something special that doesn't drop everyone right on top of one another. Method of travel is a 25 ft class C.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member Phish Finder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Searching for more cowbell!
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Park at Akres' house
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

    "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

  3. #3
    Member tccak71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Sourdough Campground off the Richardson Highway is good. Not too many people. Gulkana River is right there. Sunny, enough wind and openness to keep the mosquitos off.

    There was a pretty neat campground just a few miles south of Nenana and north of Healy that looked quiet and mellow. It was on a river/creek and didn't look crowded. Can't remember the name though.


    Tim

  4. #4

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Park at Akres' house
    I doubt you truly recognize the validity of this.
    I get to camp everyday.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •