Thread: how do you get blood stains out of fiberglass?

Default how do you get blood stains out of fiberglass?

got a little seal blood on my boat this weekend and i scrubbed it down twice with two different cleaners and rags and scrub brushes. got the blood off but it left a discoloration on the fiberglass. is there a way to get it back the way it was? any ideas appreciated...

Talking 80 grit sandpaper maybe???

I use Oxy clean, the powdered laundry detergent, mixed in hot water. If you wash down the boat and actually wait a while before you rinse it off the stuff actually eats stuff away. Hint; Wash one side of the boat wait several minutes, even longer, then go rinse off what you washed awhile ago. Wait, wait, wait, before you rinse it, if you go make a sandwhich and come back it might be a bit to long, but it still rinses off.
    You also might have a bit to much oxidation and nothing cleans off well if that is the situation.

Orbital sander, Dewalt, Black & Decker Mouse sander, with the buffer pad and some boat buffing/oxidizer remover will bring back the gloss. Been working on mine in sections, takes forever, lots of surface area on a boat, I hit sections whenever I get a chance.

If your fiberglass is staining, you must have an older, oxidized glass boat. Any fiberglass that's been maintained, or gelcoat that's 10 years or newer should not stain at all.

If it's left in the sun, it was deteriorate and pores will open up, then the grinder is the only option, and you should re-gelcoat your deck while you're at it.

I still prefer glass over alloy any day of the week, unless I'm doing hard beach landings or banging large stock anchors around on deck. Just had to throw that in for free...haha.

Good luck!

OOPS, had me worried there with that heading...

Default blood on ?

You could contact OJ in prison and get some ideas on blood removal

OH sorry that was blood on a glove not on glass.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Get a box of oxysilic acid(wood bleach) at the paint or hardware store, mix up a bit with some water and sponge it on the stain and i bet it will disappear before your eyes. It works great on rust stains too.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

You might try FSR (fiberglass stain remover).
    It works very good for rust stains as well.
    I also used it on my Johnson lower unit which was stained brown from whatever was in the water. It turned out just a white as new.

It is a gel type product that you just paint on and wait till it absorbs the stain and wipe then rinse off.

Most marine stores carry it.

Oz

p.s. I have heard that acid deck wash stuff ^^^^^^ is good too.