Thread: Kids and pinks

Default Kids and pinks

Took my 2 oldest out for their first real salmon fishing today. Ocean bright pinks (almost). The perfect starter salmon. They are 3 and 5yrs old. I was three when I reeled in my first fish and it was a 14 inch grayling. My 3 yr old has been reeling in dollies since she was barely 2 but this was an absolute milestone for her. The oldest one had quite the whopper and it took her 10 to 15 minutes to land it. Really fun to watch almost like watching a grown man fight a 50lbs king. I posted a pic of both of their fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

I love seeing parents take kids out fishing!!!
    Great pics.
    Where were you? Are you down by Juneau?

Default yup

Juneau - Echo cove.

nice pics! Just moved here almost 2 weeks ago (after working a summer in 2002 and falling in love) and took my kids out for their first outing on Friday. Nothing like a kid catching their first fish! My boy is almost 4 and my girl almost 2. These little planters provided 90 minutes of fun (and from what I hear, 90 minutes fishing for a 4 and 2 year old is really good lol) at Kepler lake. Gotta love the excitement after she caught her first fish
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quakinator,

That second pic is priceless!!!! Someone should make a calendar of candid cute kid fishing pics.

Default beautiful

Wow great pics. Thanks for sharing. My kids are grown but I remember their first fish. Good Job Dad!

Default Fishing with Dad

The joy of fishing with your dad never ends. I had one of the best days of fishing out with my dad yesterday. It helps that we loaded up on fish but in the end it was nice to get out and spend a day in the boat just father and son. As a bonus I helped my dad catch his first two salmon on a fly rod.