Thread: Anyone know about Sea Raiders

Default Anyone know about Sea Raiders

I finally got back from two months in the field and the wife is brought up the boat. I was so shocked that I thought I better get on this before she changes her mind...probably about 30 minutes.

Anyway, came across a Sea Raider and wanted to know what people thought of them. Are they the same as Raider boats? This one is a 24ft, hardtop, with dual 115s, and located down on the Kenai. Anyone familiar with this boat?

96 views of this thread and no info. Just thought I would check again. Anyone know anything about these boats?

Default Assuming

That it is the same as Raider Boats, they compare very much to hewescraft searunners.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Charterboat Operator

if you are talking about the boat @ ak mobile marine:
    great boat, it has been use hard and was generally a mess inside, hull is sound and the motors ran great last year. a good scrubbing and some fresh paint on the interior you could have yourself a great boat. have run with the oat and its sister many times. handles rough water good and is easy on fuel.
    good luck

Very close to a Hewescraft. My understanding or the story I was told (don't know if it's correct) is the owner of Raider worked for Hewescraft. when one of the Hewes brothers came back to work for the company he left and started Raider because he didn't like the one brother. Like I said don't know if that is a true story or not but I do know Raider boats are very similar to the Hewescraft with a little less fit and finish.

You better re-check with the Boss!

You know who.

Thanks for the advice Patty. I was avoiding the conversation because you know the ole.....a woman reserves the right to change her mind at any time.

I am perfectly fine with a little elbow grease to save a few bucks. As long as the hull is sound and the engines mechanically good, than I can handle a little fix it work. Maybe I'll give em a call.

Thanks again.

Default Sea Raiders

I owned a 22 with a 150 Merc for about 4 years, loved the boat my thought was that while they were a lot like the Hewes I think that my boat was a bit heavier and built out of thicker aluminum.

Great bayboat, I moved up to a glass weekender.

After thought ... only complaint was that that they put steel running lights in contact with the aluminum hull and my paint started to blister around the lights.

Otherwise a good boat .... no worries

Default 22'

I still own a 22' hardtop Raider. Powered with Yamaha 200hp two stroke, and a 9.9 kicker. Its a great boat and was thousands less than a comparable Hewes. I have owned it for 7 years and will own it till forever.
    I looked at the one in Anchor Point just yesterday. It has everything a guy would need. If the interior needs a scrubbing, I would also have the engines looked at. If the boat was always a mess, maybe the engine care was over looked. Boat looks great and I think it had a great price.

TJM9....?

You looked at the one in Anchor Pt. That one is still high on my list of potential boats. What did you think of it. Was it in good shape or did it need a little work. Any ideas about the hours.

Ocnfish...
    Looks like you moved up to an Osprey? There are two Osprey boats also for sell in the price range I'm looking at. What do you think about yours?

PatrickL, the boat has been used, but that is the reason for the decent price. Galvanized trailer is a big plus, lockable hardtop, twin outboards, really nice set up. It has its scratches and dings but what used boat doesn't. Any used outboard needs to be checked out before you buy.
    All that said, it would be one I would consider if I was looking.

Default Looks like you moved up to an Osprey?

I did ....

As it turns out I bought the right boat from the wrong dealer, it took about two years to fix the things they did wrong or broke because of shoddy work, but this year it has been all good. I love my 26 long cabin, the perfect over night boat for four people. For a day fishing trip six would not be a croud. My 26 deals with the north pacific more like a 30+ foot boat I have never felt unsafe even in 12 foot seas. The hull is diferent and special in the way it cuts through the swells and the speed I get from 280 hp fuel injecteded Volvo Penta engoine and Duoprop drive tops out at 42 mph with a nice 30 mph cruise.

I think the ones you are looking at are shorter so I would not be able to speak for them. But I really like the one I have. I think these boats are designed as ocean boats only, I would not even consider taking it up to big lake on skis or a tube.