Thread: how much ammo to bring with me -part 2-

Default how much ammo to bring with me -part 2-

my brother is saying that iam being a pig by buying up a lot of ammo for my move up there..
    i have two rubbermaid med sized totes filled with ammo for the rifle and pistol and shotgun as need one is completely filled up and the other is allmost full now..
    he said to me i was beening a little pig about buying ammo and i told him it better to have it and not need it and to need it and not have it
    as only a bigger brother would say to a little brother
    my sister law maria and i have been going all over the seattle area to the local gun stores and looking for ammo to buy

on a sidenote to this post

so when he is at work doing the border partol thing .. up on the border with canada .and he really mad that i retired before he did ..

he will have is thirty years in with border partol next year...

i have been buying cold weather long johns and socks and a heavy winter jacket along with a good set of rubber boots for wear around the house grounds..plus a good set of hikeing boots for daily wear plus wet weather jacket and pants she add to the pile of cloths i am takeing up there ..

Bring all the premium stuff you can.The regular cheaper Remington and Winchester type stuff is easy to find at least in Wrangell

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    my brother is saying that iam being a pig by buying up a lot of ammo for my move up there..
    i have two rubbermaid med sized totes filled with ammo for the rifle and pistol and shotgun as need one is completely filled up and the other is allmost full now..
    he said to me i was beening a little pig about buying ammo and i told him it better to have it and not need it and to need it and not have it
    as only a bigger brother would say to a little brother
    my sister law maria and i have been going all over the seattle area to the local gun stores and looking for ammo to buy

on a sidenote to this post

so when he is at work doing the border partol thing .. up on the border with canada .and he really mad that i retired before he did ..

he will have is thirty years in with border partol next year...

i have been buying cold weather long johns and socks and a heavy winter jacket along with a good set of rubber boots for wear around the house grounds..plus a good set of hikeing boots for daily wear plus wet weather jacket and pants she add to the pile of cloths i am takeing up there ..
    I'd recommend you bring powder and primers if you reload as well. It's pretty hard to get right now.

How are you shipping all this ammo? If you are flying, you had better check with Homeland Security. If you are driving, it would be a good idea to check with Canadian Customs on what is allowed.
    Common carriers are restricted on how much they can haul.

iam going the ferry route up to homer and driveing from there..
    my big brother stills thinks iam being a little bit of a pig typle for trying to get all the ammo i can to bring with me..
    plus there are in two med sized rubbermaid stowage tubs with lids that are tape down and no label on them..
    in the back of the truck inside bed area..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Dang henry....thats IT?

I take that much ammo Hunting...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

If your ferry hits Canada along the way you are going to have some issues. Just check into your stopovers. Even if you don't disembark in Canada but the ferry stops at a port you could be in trouble if you are over the 5K round limit. I just moved up here last September (drove through Canada) and went through all the craziness. The CAN border agents when called could not give me a straight answer, neither could our border agents nor ATF. A big pain in the butt!
    We finally found some printed CAN form with a 5K round limit and printed it off and declared everything in writing and itemized at both ports. Pucker factor for sure. Look up my posts from last summer if you wanted to see all the garbage I went through.
    Just be careful and honk when you go through Homer! Let me know if you need to sell your ammo for drinking money once you get here!

Mountaintrekker

here is how it is broken down into diff cal of the weapons that i have

22.lr cal-x-5-bricks of 525 rounds boxs in diff makes of the 40.grain hollow points
    44 mag -x-6-boxs of 50.rds boxs in diff makes of 240 grain hollow points and order some of the bear typles loads for back county use when i get there..
    45.acp -x-8-boxs-x-50.rds boxs in diff makes of 230 grain hollow points
    308.cal -x-6-boxs of 20.rd boxs in diff makes of 168 grain rounds
    338 cal-x-6-boxs of 20.rd boxs in diff makes of 185 grain and 200 grain rounds
    12.ga.cal-x-5-boxs of 100.rds boxs of game bird n-7-loads. wal-mart specials
    12.ga cal -x-3-boxs of 100 rd boxs of gam bird n-6-loads wal-mart specials.
    12.ga cal -x-4-boxs of slugs for back up rounds -x-5-rounds to a box

and just for fun i have been buying match grade pellets for my air rifle-x-177 cal pellets-x-12-tins of pellets..

since i am comeing up there this year i do not firgue to get a hunting lics this year for deer and moose
    maybe next year and getting settled in and have everything ready to go ..

i repacked into a single rubbermaid stowage tub for travel in the truck on the ferry so i can put a blanket over it on the ferry to keep out of prying eyes out of the truck as need..

Such a very amazing link!

demande pret personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintrekker View Post
    If your ferry hits Canada along the way you are going to have some issues. Just check into your stopovers. Even if you don't disembark in Canada but the ferry stops at a port you could be in trouble if you are over the 5K round limit. IMountaintrekker
    If you don't disembark you can't and won't have any problems. The only port that the ferry might stop in in Canada is Prince Rupert. As long as your vehicle doesn't exit the ferry and cross through the border checkpoint your fine. I've been on this route at least a dozen times without any problems.