Thread: Montana Creek Accident on Saturday?

Default Montana Creek Accident on Saturday?

Was coming home from Kenai and noticed a bunch on emergency personnel at Montana Creek on Saturday about 3:30 pm. At first I though it was a bunch of cops busting fisherman but got closer and I noticed an abulance, a bunch of 4-wheelers, and several police cars at the trail head parking area to the south side of the river on Parks hwy. All the people were nowhere to be seen so something must have happpened on the trail or down by the river possibly....hopefully not a bear attack. Maybe some dunk 4th of July partiers causing trouble. Anyone hear anything? This was kind of strange as earlier we had pulled into the Russian River Campground to use the restroom, found a waiting line, so we drove back towards the ferry launch, before heading right back home. As we passed the Russian River CG not mintes later there were emeregncy vehicles on site closing off the road, a while van had rolled off the road into the woods and it didnt look good for the occupant(s)..the vehicle was totaled.. Had we not doubled back to the ferry area, we could have been in the path of that accident..wow, too close for comfort. Saw the calamity at Montana Creek and thought, what now?

I am sure it was related to this. http://newsminer.com/news/2009/jul/0...ailroad-train/

Appears a man was chasing after his dog and ended up getting struck by the train. Pretty bad deal. I am not familiar with that area, I assume there is a bridge and he was on it trying to retrieve his pet, but the article is not that clear on the specific circumstances. Very sad story!

That really sucks...

Default Tunnel Crossing??

There is a tunnel at the crossing so you do not need to be near the tracks...probably did not need to happen? Very Sad.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Unhappy bad news anyway you look at it

I know this is alaska, but shouldnt dogs be leashed if they are not under the owners control? Could have saved his life, what a tragedy. Please don't beat me up over leash laws, I'm just making an observation.