Thread: I have a free ticket to hunt in alaska

Default I have a free ticket to hunt in alaska

Ok I work for Alaska Airlines and cna fly any place they or horizon fly to, so with that being said were do you think the best place to hunt blackbear, caribou, and goat would be.
    Would be very thankfull for any tips on were to go and when, I dont have a plane and would have to get from were ever I land to the actual hunting grounds. Again any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

go to adak rent a place for the weekend and a truck caribou are great over there and it will not cost much for you to do this hunt

Default Hunt Alaska

Friendly reminder. If your not a state resident you will need a guide to hunt GOAT, grizzly and Sheep.

Angry Slap in the face

Let me see....I pay $600 to fly to Denver, $1200 to Mexico, $25 dollars for the first checked bag, 50 lb limit on my coolers, and this guy wants info on the best place to hunt because HE FLIES FREE and probably gets free checked baggage. Hmmmmmm

Not sure re: your hunting experience (not stated) but I suspect hunting in Alaska may be a bit more involved than your post makes it sound.....but I could be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by HomerAdam View Post
    Let me see....I pay $600 to fly to Denver, $1200 to Mexico, $25 dollars for the first checked bag, 50 lb limit on my coolers, and this guy wants info on the best place to hunt because HE FLIES FREE and probably gets free checked baggage. Hmmmmmm
    get a different job then dont hammer a guy for living his dream

We all have perks in life that others don't.

Fly to Kodiak and do a deer hunt,

Fly to Prudhoe Bay and hire someone to get you out from there on a Caribou hunt.

SE Alask Black Bears.

Apply for some tags next year and then go on your hunt.

Fly to Aniak and hire Inland Aviation to fly you out to Unit 18 for moose.

Call Larry Bartlett with Pristine Ventures or Mike Strahan here for ideas.

Your ticket to Alaska will be free. The rest will cost you something.

If I were in that position, I would fly to Kotzebue for caribou (a fly-out in a chartered bush plane will be necessary from Kotzebue, but the hunting can be spectacular). For goat and black bear, I would hire a guide out of either Ketchikan or Sitka. Give Muskeg here on the forums a shout if you want to go that route.

Thanks again for all of the replies i greatly appreciate all of your time and replies
    Yes please let me know any one that can trasport us for goat hunting and has a good reputation, I know it is very last minute on the guide for a drop off but any info is well appreciated.
    Thanks again for all of the replys also I was looking at kotz, and kodiak...

I guess i should have stated this I have grown up in Alaska my whole life, I live in Palmer alaska.
    Have hunted and fished my whole life, not that it says much about myself and what I know.
    Have enjoyed hunting bear, moose, sheep, goat, no carribou yet but plan to add it to the list.
    Winter trapping, bird hunting, and some times just watching the animals and calling them in just to see them.
    Yes I work for Alaska Airlines and I fly for free, i dont charge any one the price fo tickets or the price for the bags. I love the people I work for though and think that they do a good job and yes they make money. With out getting further into that though, i do plan on useing this perk to see this beutifull land we live in to the full. If this upsets you sorry but please ask yourself if some one gave you a chance to see parts of alaska most dont get to see would you turn it down. Also I plan on doing volunteer work as a EMT in the villages to try to give back for this wonderfull experiance. Again any info ones can give me please let me know thanks again for your time....

As an Alaskan resident, a guide is not required to hunt goat. Good luck.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ganleyhonda View Post
    I guess i should have stated this I have grown up in Alaska my whole life, I live in Palmer alaska.
    Have hunted and fished my whole life, not that it says much about myself and what I know.
    Have enjoyed hunting bear, moose, sheep, goat, no carribou yet but plan to add it to the list.
    Winter trapping, bird hunting, and some times just watching the animals and calling them in just to see them.
    Yes I work for Alaska Airlines and I fly for free, i dont charge any one the price fo tickets or the price for the bags. I love the people I work for though and think that they do a good job and yes they make money. With out getting further into that though, i do plan on useing this perk to see this beutifull land we live in to the full. If this upsets you sorry but please ask yourself if some one gave you a chance to see parts of alaska most dont get to see would you turn it down. Also I plan on doing volunteer work as a EMT in the villages to try to give back for this wonderfull experiance. Again any info ones can give me please let me know thanks again for your time....

Dont be sorry one bit go have fun and show some pics

Hunting goat, caribou and black bear will be tough since most caribou herds prefer to roam the open tundra. But doing a goat/black bear or a caribou/black bear is very doable. Take advantage of that free flying and get out and enjoy yourself, if I had those bennies i'd be doing it myself.