Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Richardson Creek campgrounds?

  1. #1
    Member Phish Finder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Searching for more cowbell!
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Richardson Creek campgrounds?

    Any opinions on Squirrel Creek Campground (Mile 80 on Richardson) or Sourdough Creek CAmpground at mile 148 on the richardson?

    We are working out a trip for tomorrow or Monday.

    Also, any places around Valdez that you would recommend?

    Thanks.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

    "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

  2. #2
    Member Phish Finder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Searching for more cowbell!
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Sorry, I meant Richardson Highway campgrounds, not Richardson Creek.

    My mind is obviously on fishing today.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

    "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

  3. #3

    Wink

    Go to MilebyMile.com and click on the alaska stuff. You can get pics and first hand information on the areas you desire, by specific highways or roads.

    Both of those campgrounds you had questions about are pretty lame. You would be better off, going in closer to Valdez and look around there. Blueberry Lake has a good one, for an overnighter or couple days deal.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member Phish Finder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Searching for more cowbell!
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Thanks, res, I'll check it out.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

    "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    I was at Squirel Creek for 5 days last week. It was a pleasant place, and not crowded at all, but they ran out of T/P in the outhouse. They also ran out of payment envelopes, so we got the last two days free. The really great thing about it was, there were almost no mosquitoes. Plenty were around in places nearby, but very few in the campground. Not sure why, but it was very nice.

  6. #6
    Member Phish Finder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Searching for more cowbell!
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Jim, I've appreciated your rafting suggestions in the past. I appreciate the camping hints now as we will probably stay there tomorrow night, maybe the next as well.

    I'll take a few extra rolls to help out those who didn't bring any
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

    "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

  7. #7
    Member tccak71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    We were there on Friday 6/3. Sourdough is nice. It is sunny/bright & its open (not heavily treed) mosquitos were minimal. Lotta room and not too many folks. Gulkana River is nearby too. I think it was $8/night!

    Whatever you do stay away from Dry Creek! That was thick spruce forest and infested with mosquitos.


    Tim

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •