Thread: Early run over?

Default Early run over?

I finally have some time off during the week and was going to head down to russian river area on Sunday for a few days. Is there anything left to fish?

The fish counts look good on the russian so I wouldn't hesitate to head down. I was considering a late night trip this evening.

Smile Upper river reds

I just got back yesterday from fishing the upper Kenai river for 3 days and there are still fresh reds coming up the river. It was a mixed bag of regular sized reds and some of the big 2nd run sized fish. Some parts of the day it was fish after fish coming on thru and at other times at was pretty slow. It should be good fishing in the Russian if the fish can get past the mouth of the river. There has been a caddis hatch going on so bring your trout fly boxes. Good luck fishing and tight lines!

How long are the lines for parking? Any suggestions for avoiding the lines? I'm just looking to go play with some trout for awhile...

Default no lines today (Saturday) at RRC

Stopped by Russian River Campground on the way back from Swan Lakes today. Was not going to wait if more than ~6 cars in line but was surprised that there was no line at all. Plenty of open water in Russian and confluence. Caught 3 in about 2 hrs and headed back to ANC.

I got a limit today in about 4 hours. I had to do a littel walking to find them, but when you do, its pretty consistent fishing. Some are staring to blush pretty good now, though.