Thread: Looking for training partners

Default Looking for training partners

Anyone in or around the Anchorage area looking for people to train dogs with on weekdays after work and on weekends? I work 7am-4pm Monday through Friday. I have bumpers, whistles, and wings. PM me or give me a call if you are interested. I live on Elmendorf AFB. 707-301-8705. Please no calls after 9pm.
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Hey. I did receive your message. Sorry you couldn't make it out this weekend.
    I'll add you to my call list.
    I'm loading some young client retrievers on the truck for some puppy marks tomorrow.
    Afterwards I may run some handling dogs on blinds.

You too can give me a shout any time. I'll let you know what I'm doing for that day. Like I mentioned some days I have a handful of folks training and helping. Other days I may have up to 15 or so. Makes for a full day of training when the larger groups show up. But boy can we make it realistic and train on some interesting factors.

I live near the base and work my dog over behind Bartlet high near the Muldoon gate. They are starting up football practice so the big field is in use until after 8:30pm, which works for me most of the time.

I have a 11month old YLF that has been an OB nightmare for me. Mostly my issues rather than hers. Now that we have worked our way up through the pressure of pinch collar and a real healing stick we are into CC on the OB and she is doing much better. However, she needs to have OB with other dogs around and without a controlled group environment that is not working out for us. I have tried working with her in public places, but with the other dogs out of control she can't handle it and goes nuts.

Tuesday and thursdays are not open due to family stuff, but Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays along with weekend afternoons and later I am can meet up with you.

Are you going to the wednesday night retriever club Lardy video show at Birchwood?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

dang Ray... wish we were closer.. i almost lost mine this weekend... he got a snoot full of whimperwhills(snipe looking things) up on the Yukon river and was gone into the swamps....

if i let him off the leash... ALL OB is GONE!!!!!!!!!!... tried the elec. collar... he ignores it.

was cool thogh this morning. he was at full point to go out side.... i looked out.. and MOMMA ruff grouse and young was in the drive way...he had to pee off the deck
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Cool, I'd be happy to come and train together. I do a lot of training on Elmendorf. There are some great lakes on the back of base to do some water work from and some really good fields to work in as well. I'd be happy to go off base too. I dont know what wednesday night retriever club Lardy video show at Birchwood is but if you give me a description, time, and place I should be able to make it. My dog is under control for the most part around other people and othe dogs. I would say she is completly under control but I made the mistake one time of telling someone she wouldn't break if someone threw a bumper and as soon as the words left my mouth she broke for it. First break in a year. I dont want her to make a liar of me again. I'll PM you about getting together to do some training.
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Baron, are you back in palmer? If so me and my animal of a dog would like to come out and do some more work with you. He still needs gun work. I just got him back from my parents in Oregon so we are working on obedience again. I will PM you my new phone number.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I wish I still had access to the bases. The open fields and all those ponds are some of the best training areas around. I guess on a weekend you could sponsor me on.

I don't know how late the club event will run tonight at Birchwood, but I doubt if I will be back in town before 9pm. I will be going to BHS on thursday evening around 930pm to work the pup when it might be cooler and the kids are all gone.

You don't need a military ID to get on base. Just a recreation permit. I go on there occasionally for retriever training myself.
    Just stop by the main gate and ask for it. You do have to follow along certain guidelines. It's not much of a hassle at all.