Thread: Eggs in Soldotna

Default Eggs in Soldotna

Anyone know where I can get freshly cured eggs near the end of July ? I know, good eggs are worth their weight in gold for kings and such but i thought near the end of the king season someone might be selling some.

I am not looking for the junk that sits on any store shelf for weeks and or months and is hard as a rock. I am looking to try to get some options for silvers near the end of the month.

thanks

I fished for silvers last year down by the visitor's center a few times in September. Got some bait from Ken's Alaskan Tackle across the street, the silvers loved it.

is it way too early for silvers at the end of july or beginning of august ? visitor center is where i spend quite a bit of time for reds....

You can get decent bait at the grocery store, too. The fish don't really care. Everyone has bait here.

End of July is too early for silvers. It's usually mid-August before silver action heats up.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

The end of July has been really good for silvers the last few years on the Kenai River as it has been common to catch a couple of silvers a day while fishing for kings during this timeframe. Wonder how good the silver fishing would be if you actually were fishing traditional silver holes & gear.