Thread: Cabels's bag on Barney's frame?

Default Cabels's bag on Barney's frame?

Seems I remember reading somewhere that the Cabels's Alaskan II Frame pack bag (older style that uses pins) will fit the Barney's frame.
    Anyone know for sure?
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I have had one on mine for years. The frame fits standard bags...I was in Barney's the other day and they have a version of the bag I use that is exactly what I have except the pockets are a little larger. The only real difference is mine is in Camo while the Barney's bag is this funny looking black checkered color.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    I have had one on mine for years. The frame fits standard bags...I was in Barney's the other day and they have a version of the bag I use that is exactly what I have except the pockets are a little larger. The only real difference is mine is in Camo while the Barney's bag is this funny looking black checkered color.
    A few thoughts on the "this funny looking black checkered color". I purchased a camo pinnacle before working at Barney's. If I were doing it all again I would get it in "this funny looking black checkered color" Its lighter weight. It is ridiculously tear resistant with a kevlar cross weave. It is very abbrassion resistant, but not as abbrassion resistant as the camo cordura (relative statement). Since you don't make (or shouldn't make) your final approach with a pack on the color is relatively unimportant. Another consideration is that pack covers are highly reccomended. They will keep your gear dry and lighter without water weight. They also come in neutral colors and camo, so the color of the pack is irrelavent. Barney's carries Sea to Summits and Kooldry pack covers. The Kooldrys are heavy duety and come in an inconspicuous green and camo.

Brett

Thanks guys.
    Hopefully the friend I loaned my Cabela's Alaskan II will bring it back tomorrow, & my Barney's frame should be here next week. I'll get the two mated together & be ready for moose season (pack wise anyway).
    Also considering finding a way to mount my Eberlestock Blue Widow with the Super Spike duffel on it to get me into camp (backpack camp), then emptying the Eberlestock & using it as a daypack & to bring back the 1st load of meat to basecamp switching at that time to the Barney's frame for the real packing...
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Adam Barringer View Post
    A few thoughts on the "this funny looking black checkered color".
    My comment was neither positive or negative, I just thought it looked different I did not look at the price, but I really liked the idea of larger pockets. I could care less about the color of the pack, function and strength mean everything and my Cabela's has never torn or failed me. My frame is all Barney's
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather