Thread: Is Hem's going out Monday?

Question Is Hem's going out Monday?

(Bump up to Thread Level)

Is Hem's going to be operating on Monday the 6th? The fisherie opens at 6 p.m. - can we get out there and set-up and start at that time? The hotline was updated last night, but no mention of the Monday schedule.

Thanks in advance for any info.....

Jim

Default And I'll answer again....

I believe what they normally do is take the overnighters out and let them set up. Don't think they'll do same day fishing for an opening that late, though. Check their recording.

As of right now they have no information on Monday. You'll probably have to check Saturday night when they update their recording.

The number is: (907)823-2200

Default Thanks, just trying to get mo' info

Coho,

Not trying to diss you.....just hoping get more input with a bump to the dipping main page or maybe something from someone who talked to those guys today. I have Hem's number on speed dial; always call bfore leaving!

Probably gonna just show up on Monday about 4-5 p.m. If he's running we'll head out - if not we'll hit Tom's Tavern for a couple beers, camp out and get out early the next day.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by thaxterj1 View Post
    Coho,

Not trying to diss you.....just hoping get more input with a bump to the dipping main page or maybe something from someone who talked to those guys today. I have Hem's number on speed dial; always call bfore leaving!

Probably gonna just show up on Monday about 4-5 p.m. If he's running we'll head out - if not we'll hit Tom's Tavern for a couple beers, camp out and get out early the next day.

Later
    Yeah, I didn't take it personally or anything, was just being the first answer...lol. And I didn't know if you had his number.

The river is going back up, so if it doesn't go too high that should help your success. I'm going to hold off for another 2 weeks if I go again at all. There's a decent 3-day old slug coming in right now that should hit right about then.

Good luck whenever you make it on the water!

According to the latest recording, they will start taking over-nighters out at noon. Everyone else has to wait for Tuesday morning.

Default Sunday night update

The hotline says no charters until 12 JUL or until river goes down.

Man, the Copper must be smoking fast right now.

It's just going to get worse, too. It's smokin' hot in that area right now, temps in the 80's....lots of melting going on. Oh well...can't do anything about that, just gotta wait and see.

Default Smoke in the Basin

If your on your way here to the Copper Basin, be ready for smoke. There is a fire some 40-50 miles up the Chitina and its giving us a good taste of smoke. Maybe this is a pre-smoke for fish? If I can I'll attach a photo here. This photo is from the Park Service visitor center bluff at MP 106.8 on the Richardson Highway.
    Attached Images Attached Images