Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPI 375 H&H project update

Default MPI 375 H&H project update

Started on this rifle project back in August 2008, it began with a new Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless Steel 375 H&H rifle. After doing some research I contacted MPI to make an inquiry on their fiberglass stock work and decided to go with their shop on this project. Here is the list of the work that I had MPI do on my rifle.
    From my conversations with Doc the work went very well and the rifle turned out real nice. Will eventually post a pic once I get the rifle home.

MPI Dakota classic style stock (complete restocking) included
    Custom Glass Bedding
    Pillar bedding
    Magnum pin installation

Recoil pad: Pachmayr Decelerator
    Stock color: OD Green with black and tan webbing

LOP: 13.75"
    Studs: Uncle Mikes (no stud on forearm)
    Barrel band swivel stud installed
    Cut barrel to 21"
    Recessed target crown
    NECG Masterpiece banded front ramp
    NECG Fiber Optic Sight for Masterpiece banded ramp
    NECG Window Hood for Masterpiece banded ramp
    NECG Masterpiece fully adjustable rear sight
    Leupold QRW Mounts and 1 Rings
    Premium Teflon Coating (flat black)
    Trigger pull adjusted to 3lb. pull

Default Rifle completed

Just received my rifle back from MPI this afternoon, looks great. The Dakota style stock fits me well and comes up naturally into position with real good fast sight alignment. Fiberoptic front sight is an added bonus. Will post a pic of the rifle soon.

Default pic

Here is a photo of my rifle, all I need now is a scope and a couple boxes of ammo.
    Last edited by Nukalpiaq; 08-02-2009 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukalpiaq View Post
    Here is a photo of my rifle, all I need now is a scope and a couple boxes of ammo.
    Looks great!

Talking WOW!

I'm in LOVE. That right there is my absolute perfect rifle and I'm not joking.

I've got a 300 H&H and if I was a wealthy man I'd rebarrel it and get her spruced up just like that.

Congrats! Some guys just know how to live the dream.

MPI sure does good work. The fit of the barreled action to the stock is superb. Need to buy a good scope now for it, I have always went with Leupolds, probably get a matte finish Vari X III 1.5x5. Another MPI stock that I really like the looks of is their Mountain Rifle style stock, it is pretty cool.

That is a beautiful rifle; congratulations. J.

Smile

That is a work of art and should work in the field even better!

Default Very nice!

Sounds like a gun I need! I am getting rid of my .375 ultra mag and going with a traditional .375 H & H. Haven't really decided on what brand yet. I have boxes of .375 h & h shells, so only makes sense to have one. I want one with the 21" barrel like you have. My ultra mag is just too darn long and with the muzzle brake, too loud! Thanks for sharing!

Very nice rifle but I'd ditch the stock. Here's an MPI stock back when the company was making a quality product (sarcasm). Notice the popsicle sticks.

Matt,
    Isn't this the same photo that was floating around on other outdoor forums a while back? you know, the photo that was being posted by a disgruntled former employee who was making attempts to discredit MPI's work.

Smile hey....

Here I am, filled with anticipation and can't find the picture of your rifle. Does everyone else see it?

Default New photo of rifle

.338 mag. Here is another photo of my 375 H&H, this is a better shot than the previous one, also mounted a Leupold M8 4X fixed power scope on it since then too. Enjoy
    Last edited by Nukalpiaq; 08-11-2009 at 22:28.

You going to kill a brown bear with that rifle? You got the perfect rifle for doing so.

Sorry guys but I decided to only show the 2nd pic of the rifle just for today. Rifle still needs a lil fixing up. I haven't even tightened the scope ring screws yet, still kinda leaning toward a VX-III 1-5x. Also need to buy some ammo and a good rifle sling then I will be ready to take it out and do some shooting.

Smile is it me?

I don't know why I can't see the pics of your rifle. Never had this problem before. I used to think the 1.5 to 5 Leupold was the only scope for a .375. A couple of years ago I had Leupold's Custom Shop put a post/duplex reticle in a VXIII 1.75 X 6. It is a good set up for an Alaskan hunting rifle. I once read that Leupold, Bansners Rifles and D'Arcy Echols consider it Leupold's toughest variable powered scope. Got me.

Sorry .338 mag, guess I deleted the pics a lil too early, here is another one of the rifle. Took off the 4x and will be looking into buying another scope. Your VXIII 1.75x6 sounds pretty good, I am gonna have to read up on 'em.

Thumbs up I see it!

Nice, very nice. A real rifle that is well set up and capable of hitting hard when you are creeping in the alders or reaching "out there". That post/duplex reticle in the 1.75 x 6 is a darn good combination. It could easily becom my favorite reticle.

.338 mag., how long does it usually take for Leupold"s Custom shop to get an order processed and out to the buyer? Finally today I have a chance to check out their website to see what options are available. Thanks

Smile about...

I think it takes about 2 weeks. You can call them toll free and they will give you an idea. I have had them replace 2 reticles for me. That custom shop offers some nice stuff for their scopes, reticles, finishes, etc. The finishing touch for your custom rifle! I may be sending my 1.5 x 5 back to them and replacing the German #4 with the post/duplex. I really like that reticle and find it very practical for the distances I shoot at here in Alaska. Try it, you will like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast