Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Dollies in Hope

  1. #1

    Default Dollies in Hope

    I've never caught a dollie before and thought I'd like to give it a try. I read somewhere you could catch some pretty nice dollies in Hope. Has anyone had experience catching them there, and if so, what kind of fly/tackle do you use? Is this a good time to fish for them? I need to get on the water this weekend and I'm hoping to find some fish down in Hope...

  2. #2
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    i've never seen a dolly in hope but when i'm there its full of pinks...
    dollies on the upper kenai and in parts of the russian river, near the confluence...check regs, i've seen them there belowing the cleaning tables by the dozens.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9

    Default

    If you want to target dollies, hit Quartz creek around the end of July, early August. You will find them behind any school of spawning reds. We camped at the campground last year for three days and caught hundreds. Beads from troutfitters. goodluck! Wish I was there. Be back in 2010.

  4. #4

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by deerhntr View Post
    If you want to target dollies, hit Quartz creek around the end of July, early August. You will find them behind any school of spawning reds. We camped at the campground last year for three days and caught hundreds.
    Yep, Quartz, Trail River or Ptarmigan Creek either one will work good. Used to be a bounty on the Dollies, now they are a Game Fish.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •