Thread: Fish processors in Homer and Soldotna

Default Fish processors in Homer and Soldotna

Well 11 days and i will be in Homer for a week then on to Soldotna for 5 days. Who would you recommend for fish processors? I will clean them myself so all i need is vac pac and freeze. I know some people have had or at least claimed to have been shorted. Thanks for your help guys!

I use Ed's Kasilof in Soldotna. Never had a problem, and he knows what he's doing. He's just past the bridge.

http://www.kasilofseafoods.com/
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

X2 on Ed's Kasilof seafoods. They are right next to the Kenai river bridge in downtown soldotna. Great people. They will take care of you.

Default custom seafood

Custom Seafood Processing on the Kenai spur highway in Soldotna is who I use for all of my fish. I've been to all the other processors in Soldotna/Kenai and Custom Seafood is the only that doesn't smell fishy. What that means is they take pride in keeping their place clean and that's important when they're taking care of my catch of a lifetime.

If you don't want to haul your halibut back to Soldotna, Coal Point on the Homer spit is good.

Try to get a lot of rest before you get here. Sleep is secondary when the fish are in.

Sleep can be done anytime outside of AK LOL. Good point TCMAN! I plan on hitting it HARD when i am up there.

Thumbs up

i will second the Eds recommendation. They close at 8 PM, but having contacted them last year they let me bring fillets to the main Kasilof location unitl 11 PM. great folks to deal with.

Default Custom

Been very happy with Custom Seafoods on Kenai Spurr Rd. so far this year.