Thread: popcorn for bait

Default popcorn for bait

i have heard of using pop corn for bait and the grizzlies dont keep coming in even if it has sugar on it anyone have experiences

Blackbear,
    We use popcorn. We noticed that the browns don't hang around as long. Its not as filling as dog food and a bit of a challenge to get a full belly. Black bears tend to hang around a bait site longer and nibble on the popcorn. Seems that the browns get frustrated and move on quicker. Did you try out what I sent with Tim?
    Popping the corn is time consuming..ugh. I would recommend getting the left overs from a theater.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

jess, we tried it out but I couldnt tell a difference because we had so many grizzlies and they were eating everything. on the night tim pick up the scent balls we had 5 grizzlies come in . Tim got a nice 200lb 5 footer though on his last night of hunting so he was really happy

Congrats to Tim! How did you do? Tim was pretty stoked that day. He wants some scent balls for deer when he gets back home The browns are out in force. The PVA had problems with them up in 16b. Sounds like a ton of people had them on their bait this year.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Thumbs up brownies?

Ya know it's funny I baited on baldy for several years and NEVER had brownies hang on my bait. I keep telling all these guys to get ready early and put all their half eatin deserts in the freezer come christmas. And maybe come baiting season they won't have the problems they do feeding dog food and other meat based items. You ever here the saying to feed them what you want them to taste like, a jelly roll or a pile of dog food. I think the sucsess rate will be higher for blacks if they spend a little time putting it away instead of putting it away
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Default Brownies like popcorn too!

We used it year before last--it was colored popcorn with a sugar coating--my buddy got it from a carnival or something. We had bags of the stuff.

We had no meat or dogfood, just popcorn with some old pastires and the like. Brownies were all over it.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbear View Post
    jess, we tried it out but I couldnt tell a difference because we had so many grizzlies and they were eating everything. on the night tim pick up the scent balls we had 5 grizzlies come in . Tim got a nice 200lb 5 footer though on his last night of hunting so he was really happy
    tell ya what send me a PM. you show me where all these browns are and i will try and take one for ya and i all ready have a bait site with no browns so i wont hunt your spot or tell anyone.