Thread: silver salmon lodge?

Default silver salmon lodge?

Is this place any good to stay at?

are you referring to the one just outside soldotna (glacier rd I think) ? If so, i am staying there for the second time. They are great folks and the place is roomy and clean.

One of the nicer places I have stayed close to town.

Quote Originally Posted by ski1 View Post
    are you referring to the one just outside soldotna (glacier rd I think) ? If so, i am staying there for the second time. They are great folks and the place is roomy and clean.

One of the nicer places I have stayed close to town.
    Dont think it's the same one?This is in lake clark on the cook inlet.

Thanks

Sorry,it's silver salmon CREEK lodge.

Default Best Lodge in Alaska

I would highly recommend Kodiak Legends Lodge. Having fished in King Salmon, Bristol Bay, the Kenai and elsewhere in Alaska, Kodiak Island is far superior. It lacks the crowds and "combat" fishing of the mainland and the abundance of wildlife is incredible - bears, whales, eagles, otters, puffins all over.

I went to KLL last August and limited out on silver salmon each morning then caught monster halibut. Everything is super close to the lodge - fishing is a short 15 mins away and is in a highly protected, glassy bay.

The lodge offer salt & freshwater fishing, has several boats and a float plane and also offers waterfowl and big game hunting. In addition, you can cruise over to Katmai by float plane and go bear viewing. By far the most versatility of any Alaska lodge I've ever been to. The cook is world-class and the setting looking out on Uyak Bay is breathtaking!

www.kodiaklegendslodge.com or 907.847.2206. You won't go wrong!

Default Silver Salmon Creek

I have never stayed at the lodge and am not endorsing it in anyway. I have talked with the owners on several occasions and they seem like nice folks. I know that they get pretty busy in August with fisherman and photographers. Expect lots of fish, great food, and lots of bears.