Thread: What it's all about!

Default What it's all about!

Took Gunther fishing with me today for my birthday. It was his second time in the canoe and he did well.........except that he seems to think the hull of the canoe is a big bass drum! Well despite the noise I managed to land a OK rainbow! Gunther has been saying "fish" all evening. I put our catch in the sink when we got home then went upstairs to wake Tracy, Gunther lead her over to the sink excitedly exclaiming "Fiiish" "Fiiiish"!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

That is what it is all about for sure
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

DANG RIGHT Rick... get that kid outa the house ....

soon enough he will be grabbing the pole and skipping school.

(chuck... that is one nice trout)
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince

Gun is outside from about 3 minutes after he gets up till bed time, it is a major fight to get him to come in! I may not be the worlds best father but taking him on hunts and fishing with me from the age of a few weeks on has been the best thing I've done for him. He is much more confidant, independent and self reliant than any child his age I've ever met. He faces challenges without hesitation and seems to have a strong will to succeed, either that or he's as stubborn as his old man wich is just as good sometimes. He whines less, gets sick less often, is more patient and more adaptable than his "house reared" peers. And most of all he and I are very close and we have fun together every day. No his social skills are not the best and he is behind verbally but I have one tough little man!

As too skipping school............I learned more about how to be a man and live honorably on a trout stream with Dad than I ever did in a classroom, think I'll "woods school" Gunther that way when he's headed out the door rod or gun in hand I'm always right behind him.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default That's cool...

Rick P. My boy is 7 and loves fishing too. Last year we spent 9 hours fishing in a canoe and he didn't want to get out. I don't see enough dads and kids fishing together.
    He wants to learn to hunt to but since I never have I told him we'll have to learn together.
    Keep it up and great pic!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

LOL Rick our youngest is fast getting the same way... much to moms disdain...

i found her in the yard hold ng her shoes the other day.... (learning to let her self out) her teeth started to chatter so hard ..... but refused to come in... screamed the the whole way.... i let her back out soon as she was dressed!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks Chuck send a PM if you and your little man want some help learning the riopes of hunting,

Vince
    Gunther figured out the slidding door about a month ago. He now lets our dog Sitka in and out so that's some help. Trouble is he thinks my Goats should spend the night inside too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member