Thread: First day of bait!!!

Default First day of bait!!!

Fished early this morning (private boat) to hit the bait opener... Started at Sunken and worked downstream. Didn't see much action initially until we hit Porters... Then 3 fish hooked all of the sudden. We got a nice blush buck for the freezer (the wife put the fish in the box AGAIN :? ) makes me happy...) All in all, it was a good couple of hours on the river...

Cheers

If you are willing to share a secret or two.....what were they hitting on? Eggs or Sardines? I've been backtrolling kwikfish for that last couple weekends without as much as a couple take-downs. Although i hear it is traditionally fairly slow this upcoming holiday weekend, it won't keep me from giving it a try. Congrats on the catch and enjoy this next month on the river.

Default Kwickies

We connected with kwickies, others are hitting on spin n glows... just got to get the presentation in front of the fish..

Sorry about the lack of pics... it was still fairly dark when we finished...

Cheers

Default Quick search...

Quote Originally Posted by eagleriverdave View Post
    If you are willing to share a secret or two.....what were they hitting on? Eggs or Sardines? I've been backtrolling kwikfish for that last couple weekends without as much as a couple take-downs. Although i hear it is traditionally fairly slow this upcoming holiday weekend, it won't keep me from giving it a try. Congrats on the catch and enjoy this next month on the river.
    A quick advanced search for Kenai Techniques have been discussed at length for many different methods. FYI, when u where fishing the other day was w/ out the use of bait, it is like a night and day difference between bait being open and closed, esp the first couple days, then fishing will taper off and become more difficult again

Default tripple threat

Ihad friend Shannon O'Brien of triple threat egg cure
    fish with me today. I am SO impressed with his egg cure. We landed 4 of 6 take downs. Spin n Glo or cheaters with his eggs and hand on. He can be reached at 575-7655

Great information guys. Thanks for the pointers. I'll be leaving this evening to shoot down there for the weekend and give it a try. Hopefully we can see a little more action than the last couple weekends. But regardless, the weather should be great and any day out there beats a day sitting here in this chair. Good Luck!!