Thread: Is seward worth a try this weekend?

Smile Is seward worth a try this weekend?

I'll be heading home from my first Kenai King adventure this weekend and was wondering if anything will be available from shore in Seward. Is it too early for Silvers? Is it too late for snagging Reds? Sorry, I've never fished Seward before and hope someone can provide some info. Thanks all.

Remember it is the 4th of July, and there will be the Mountian Marathon, a parade, and fireworks. I will be there with the family, and have never been there on this weekend before, bit I hear it is packed.

http://www.wildnatureimages.com/Sewa...0of%20July.htm

Jim

nash road parking area for red fishing is closed this weekend. the landowner has something private going on there on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. dont make the trip down for that.

I'm also interested in shore fishing options in Seward this weekend.

Are there any Silvers to be caught from shore? Possibly Kings from Lowell Point?

Default Seward fishing

Nothing from shore at this time. Reds are over and I have not seen anyone catching fish from shore and I drive the lowell point road each day. Have driven over to 4th of July several times and and have not seen anyone catching fish. Silvers are just getting to Pony.

The Kings have been slow but try fishing them anyway. Its going to be a madhouse. I'll be riding around on my bike with my fish sampling kit trying to collect otoliths for a research project. Good luck!

Is there only one run of Reds for shore snagging in Seward? Or will there be another one? We missed most them this last time but would love to drive the RV there if there's another run. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Default Reds

Only 1 run, How did your trip up go?

Trip went well. We had a couple snafus that put us behind schedule (2flat tires and a forest fire). We're in a holding pattern in Anchorage right now wait for my dad to have some dental surgery, then hopefully we'll head down for the Kenai in about 2 weeks to FINALLY get some fishing in.

Default seward but not shore

Fished since the 4th most every day and limited out on silvers but it was at Pony Cove which is a ways out so you need a charter or someone with a boat.