Thread: Vigalante Justice -- "We'll Cut your tires!"

Default Vigalante Justice -- "We'll Cut your tires!"

For those who have seen this sign, dressed in black magic marker and written upon a stolen USPS air-mail box flattened out; and, minus a postage stamp or to-or-from address*, please heed this call:

http://img504.imageshack.us/i/012aji.jpg/

Or so the heckler (or serious) man thinks!...I came upon it the other day in my first attempt to float down a certain river.

I agree with the sentiment of "pack it in-pack it out"....I learned that in Boy Scouts....but that sign makes me wonder about the man's intentions!
    --

*stolen...look it up!
    Last edited by Crab_n_fish; 07-01-2009 at 04:24. Reason: vigilante...need to learn how to edit!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

cool sign one nearly like it on the rex trail last spring too...

treat it like your sister? might get better support by not saying that...

( can't stand my sister)

and what about the not good enough for her family, not good enough for ours.... Group? it is Tourist season after all...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    cool sign one nearly like it on the rex trail last spring too...

treat it like your sister? might get better support by not saying that...

( can't stand my sister)

and what about the not good enough for her family, not good enough for ours.... Group? it is Tourist season after all...
    Well, since I'm from Texas, and most of us White boys are a generation or two removed, then we can also think of it this way:

If she is cute, then you marry yer cousin; and if she is hot, then she is yer sister!

To put it more succinctly, "if ya can't keep it in yer pants, at least keep it in the family!".....soooo wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_n_fish View Post
    If she is cute, then you marry yer cousin; and if she is hot, then she is yer sister!
    So, Crab, is your wife cute or hot?!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

whats to bad is that locals have to resort to those messages to get their messages across..

especially up stream where your talking... other then the occasional trout or white fish..... thats all there is.to legally catch... salmon closed a LOOONG way below there..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Unhappy

Image will not open

Red face

Link no workie. Would love to comment, but it would sound like so many others.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

link is working just slow....

meet on face book here

It even sounds like my sister....she *****es at me too!

I do agree with the sentiment though....except I'm not packing out poop.

Default sweet nothings...

Clever.
    The mis-use of that US Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box was in violation of Federal Law, punishable by fine and/or imprisonment.

That's nothing.
    You ought to read my hate mail...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

are we whining about the messege ? or the use of the box? or posting the box as litter? i'm confused on this...

It sad that people have to go to this extent .. but the message is real and He could have at least used black ink and made it a little more legible for distance..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

maybe that local wants to copy cat dilverance.

banjo anyone.

pigs, squeals...

Default I understand the sentiments

Fishing the Kasilof around People's Hole, or the Kenai River, I'm positively infuriated by the folks who leave, bottles, cans, line, cigarette butts, empty roe containers and various other garbage laying on the side of the river. Guess they think their mommas will come after them and pick it up (which is probably how they got into such a thoughtless habit anyway).

Kasilof dipnet area has a few small trash cans, and what do dipnetters do? They fill them up, then keep throwing trash on top of that until it is a great heap of putrid garbage. Bone dumb! Why don't they just exercise a brain cell or two and pack their garbage out?

What makes folks think they have the right to trash the river? I know that it is locals as well as the city folk who do this, but maybe it'll make some slob think twice about trashiing the river when he sees a sign like that and imagines a bubba ready to do a number on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    whats to bad is that locals have to resort to those messages to get their messages across..

especially up stream where your talking... other then the occasional trout or white fish..... thats all there is.to legally catch... salmon closed a LOOONG way below there..
    Vince,

I'm not sure what other reports were like, but I will tell ya one thing: Montana Creek two weeks ago had not one piece of trash on the ground, from the campgrounds, the trails up to the mouth....Not even a toothpick....

That was beautiful....I only wish we had others like that....then again...that is what I witnessed, and two weeks have passed, just like lots of drunken idiots who crossed the same path(s)....

I have an email sitting here, telling me who more than likely did it...Let's just say the family is known for causing problems off Shrock Road, and we'll leave it at that....(good thing I have a game cam next to my truck...hint, hint!)

Default Mt Creek

Crab;
    I was at Mt. last weekend as was totally disgusted by the trash leaft everywhere. It was even hanging in the trees. If they want to make camp and block everyone out I'll just have to time it better. But the lack of repsect and trashing of the the area sucks and makes me think there needs to be enforcement or no camping. I have been there for 25years and can't believe people who live here would trash our back yard.
    Enough said too bad the run turned out so low.

Paul

stimpy

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    are we whining about the messege ? or the use of the box? or posting the box as litter? i'm confused on this...
    The whining is in general. It's about the message, the box, the litter, and every other thing one might drub up.

Whining is what this forum is all about.

The sign is great, the dirtbags who left the geo motor and old washing machine right in front of it, within a couple days of the whole area being cleanded up, should receive some vigilante justice. I like that area, but the squatters need to go.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.