Thread: No kings -- Where do I fish?

Default No kings -- Where do I fish?

I'm planning a trip to Eklutna Lake in a couple days. I have a friend who is handicapped (limp in right leg) and we want to camp near the water and fish....We plan to camp overnight and would like a campground site near the water...We want a few trout for the campfire, take pics of the glacier, etc....Oh, we have a bicycle and 4-wheeler too.

Around the 7th we hope to get on the Russian/Kenai to slay the Reds...Any ideas?

My handicapped friend goes back into surgery for his hip replacement surgery on the 6th, if that helps too...(He's a good friend and he'll be layed up for awhile -- and as good friends, my cousin and I want to take him out fishing. However, reds may not be running thick by the 7th, and just trickling in until the second run....Hmmmm?

Default Eklutna

Eklutna is open to atv's Sunday at 12:01 am to Wednesday 11:59 pm. Don't foreot cause if you are there before or past those time they ticket you and you get to push the machines out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    Eklutna is open to atv's Sunday at 12:01 am to Wednesday 11:59 pm. Don't foreot cause if you are there before or past those time they ticket you and you get to push the machines out.
    Just learned that tidbit, 'mutt! ....thank you for the heads up....

And to think where the first run ended and second run begun on the Russian/Kenai is driving me nuts! (discounting weir/escapment counts)...AOJ has many reports of the reds being slayed left and right....Going there on Monday!

Default First Run continues.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_n_fish View Post
    Just learned that tidbit, 'mutt! ....thank you for the heads up....

And to think where the first run ended and second run begun on the Russian/Kenai is driving me nuts! (discounting weir/escapment counts)...AOJ has many reports of the reds being slayed left and right....Going there on Monday!
    The reds being caught in the lower river king fishery continue to be early run reds... There may be a few stragler late run reds but it is not uncommon big run like this year to see strong presence of early run reds through nid-July.