Thread: 6.5-06 Ackley Improved

Default 6.5-06 Ackley Improved

I was initially just going to do the 6.5-06, but I'm now tipping towards the Improved model. I haven't pulled the trigger, so to speak.....any advice either way (do it or not)?

Also, where could I find a chamber diagram and some dies?

Default 6.5-06 Ai

Since you are going to have to reload any way you might as well go with the AI. This is one of the sweetest round that Ackley did I think you will love it. it's more than adequate for every thig up to caribou. I woudn't hesitate to shoot a moose with one.

Pacific Tool and Guage will have the demensions and is a great place to buy reamers.

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.asp

DR B

My hunting pard has had one quite a while, and it's an impressive performer. It will be my next new gun, too.

Powders?.......I'm guessing along the lines of 4831, 7828, RL-22 or RL-25...??

Default 6.5x06

Is this like a 243 out of a 30-06 case then ackley improved? where can I find one, or does it have to be made?

Default 6.5-06

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    Is this like a 243 out of a 30-06 case then ackley improved? where can I find one, or does it have to be made?
    This like a 264 out of a 30-06 then ackley improved. It's a wildcat for now only custom chambers
    Dr B

Default 6.5-06 Ai

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    This like a 264 out of a 30-06 then ackley improved. It's a wildcat for now only custom chambers
    Dr B