Thread: bear baiting clip-

Default bear baiting clip-

- short baiting clip from the stand-

-kind of awkward to shoot with my little camera with one hand- didn't get a clear shot on this one; but,had fun watching him-

-beautiful coats on these bears- fortunately never got any brownies on the bait all season, until this last week-
    -last day of the season today( happy F&G extended the season in this unit)-
    -wish me luck....

Thanks for sharing the clip.

Get a bear?

Taylor

-[]------->

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Thanks for sharing the clip.

Get a bear?

Taylor

-[]------->
    -thanks, Marc....I appreciate you taking the time to watch the clip, and commenting-

-no, I didn't harvest one....been above timberline now after one, while scouting for my goat-

-we had several nice average-size on the bait ,consistently every evening - fortunately, not one brownie-
    -one of my students hunted for 11 days, taking a lot of pics, and finally shot his first bear- not too big, but of course, gorgeous coat-

- within days, a brownie came in on the gut pile, and pretty much took over until end of season-

-we don't bait very often...we're more inclined to now, since the season was extended- snow really isn't gone up in there until the 3rd week of May, or so...-nice to set up a little later, and not have to be on such a time constraint-
    -plus, I learned so much , and enjoyed watching them-
    -my guy and I take turns going in to hunt (kids) -I did take the boys in a couple of times; kind of hard for them to keep still and quiet-