Thread: Landmark Gap Lake

mriguy

Default Landmark Gap Lake

Has anyone fished this lake? There are supposed to be some lakers in there. Any ideas?

It's a favorite of mine. Good grayling, as well. My preferred method is to hike in with a float tube and paddle around. Beautiful country, nice fish, little pressure.

DSC00085.jpgGo there every year, if you have a small boat and motor, go to the upper lake and troll, great lake trout fishing. Need to use a 4wheeler to tow the boat in, trail can be driven with your truck but its so rocky that someone walking can be you in there. This is how I take by boat in there.

I carried our canoe in there in 2007 and we fooled around a bit with the lakers and grayling. Good grayling fishing at the outlet - a generic beadheaded wet fly under a clear float worked well with my light spin rig (I don't flyfish). We trolled up a small laker with a small chrome spoon. Near the head of the lake, we got another couple of small lakers casting a brown roostertail.

Neat place, lots of bugs. Wife won't go back because of bugs. Seems like there would be good potential for big lakers, if you knew that game. I don't...