Thread: Family attractions at/near Cooper Landing

Default Family attractions at/near Cooper Landing

Does anyone know of some good places to refer my wife and very young kids to hang out while I hit the Russian? Been down there once, didn't look around, and thought I would just ask here. Be great if there is something down there they could do while I'm getting some fish. Thanks!

They could continue to Seward and go to the Sea Life center while you fish; it is probably about an hours drive from the Russian River.
    They could take a rafting trip on the upper Kenai (eg Alaska Wildland)
    Or walk up to the falls on the Russian River to see jumping salmon or the swimming grizzly.
    Or stop by Wildman's for ice cream; that won't take very long tho.
    Or just people watch; which can be very entertaining at the Russian ...
    Your kids may be too young for these activities; otherwise it pretty hard to find activities other than fishing or hiking around Cooper Landing.
    ????

Yeah, the only thing I could think of for the very young chillin's was the ice creme at Wildman's

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........................ICE CREME!!!!

You could stop by the museum 1/8 mile past Hamilton's place on same side of highway. Or hike up to the Russian river falls and watch the salmon jump. There is also rafting trips, 2 hour & all day trips.
    Hi all, Erik & Jodi

IF they have a separate car, they could drive into Quartz Creek. They have horseback riding, gold panning, lunch at the Sunrise. Or they could hike up some of the Resurrection Trail (take bear spray). There is a great geocache up there and others around the Coopers Landing, Russian River area.

I would say the gaggle of combat fishermen can be quite entertaining.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Quartz creek area.

I second bkshc !! the horseback riding would be cool. I stopped by the day use area right there on my way back to anchorage this weekend. (campground/dayuse right on the Kenai!!! Can't beat that.) Anyway I saw the sign for the horseplace with half hour rides and all day stuff.

Also just walking the beach is cool. Walk down and you can swim a little (if you are crazy or super hot). Nice beach to read on anyway as far as relaxing. The horseback is walking distance too, so you could set up a day use/picnic area and leave the family there. Then go fish, AND have a nice quiet place (well depends on your family I guess!!) place to relax When you get done.