Thread: Info needed on Pike Trip??

Default Info needed on Pike Trip??

Hello All- Well hope the King season is treating everyone well because it sure didn't for me..Trying to find a good fly-in pike lake for my boy and I. All said, am also not trying to pay an over inflated price for such a trip. If any of you guys got any ideas my boy and I would greatly appreciate it,Thanks in advance.

You might try a fly out to Alexander lake. Lots of pike.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Alexander Lake

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    You might try a fly out to Alexander lake. Lots of pike.
    Any chance you know any carriers besides Rusts and Willow Air? Seems like a really good pike hatch. though.

My buddy recently did a bear hunt to Alexander lake, and he said for like $250/ person you can bring 1000# total gear and they will fly you just about anywhere. This was willow air I believe.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Thumbs up Trophy Catch Charters

Give Bill or David Booth a call at Trophy Catch Charters. They will get you onto some pike at Fish Creek Lake. They run a boat to the lake. We took the overnight trip they offer and between the two of us fishing we caught over 150 pike. About 6 of those were pushing 40". Average size was 18"-24". It wasn't fishing it was catching. This trip was a couple of weeks ago.
    www.trophycatchcharter.com

Where are the pike at this time of year? Are they still in the weeds or are they deeper. How long is the spawn for them? I was thinking about trying Long Lake near Willow. Does anyone know why there is a limit on Pike on Alexander Lake?

Default Been to Alexander a few times...

Recommend Trail Ridge Air as they will drop you off by the lodge and great service. Came out of there every time with bags of fish (encouraged by ADF&G). The slot limit is there so they can protect the bigger breeding fish I believe. I spoke with the area biologist a few years ago, said the lake is getting over-run by smaller pike thus the encouragement to keep the small ones. Last trip there a few years ago we caught 2 about 41"-43" (both released) but you can keep one over 36". Most lures do well (go weedless) and imitation frogs worked great last trip.
    Jim

I may be new to Alaska, and I have had very little exposure to this states many wonderful fisheries. However, I do my research...I applaud those who offer a guide service, as well as those anglers who retort that they "will blind fold ya, take ya out fishing, take the mask off," to only learn you are fishing in your backyard!...

Use the search engine on this site for Nancy Lake....Ya can canoe all day long, or for weeks betweeen creeks and lakes (some joined and others portaged)....The Pike have nearly destroyed these lakes.

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/nancylk/nansumap.htm

Hope this information helps...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rockn dc View Post
    Give Bill or David Booth a call at Trophy Catch Charters. They will get you onto some pike at Fish Creek Lake. They run a boat to the lake. We took the overnight trip they offer and between the two of us fishing we caught over 150 pike. About 6 of those were pushing 40". Average size was 18"-24". It wasn't fishing it was catching. This trip was a couple of weeks ago.
    www.trophycatchcharter.com
    Link don't work. But do you mean Fish Lakes Creek just above Lake Creek on the Yentna? If so, there are several lodges in there, all of them have boats to use. Accessible by boat or plane.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default rick gold

For a pretty good price Rick Gold will fly you out of fairbanks to some great pike fishing. For 200 dollars per person you get a float plane flight, small cabin, and a boat/motor for every two people. Additional nights are 50 bucks a person. He has several cabins and lakes he goes into. Just type his name into google to give him a call.

Default Rick Gold

I have fished with Rick Gold on four or five occassions. No more. Don't want to bad mouth anyone, but I really wasn't happy the last several times and will not charter with him, or recommend him.

Sorry about the misprint. www.trophycatchcharters.com

Look in your back yard, the entire Nancy Lake canoe trail system has pike in them. You can catch 20" pike all day long and bigger if you work at it. $22 for 8 hrs from Tippecanoe Rentals Couldn't be any easier. Oh and there is no limit. lol

happy catching!!

Alexander Lake, any of the air taxis have boats etc, kill em all, and there are lots