Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Susitna streams?

Default Susitna streams?

Anyone have any good trout fishing up north? Or any reports of any kind on the trout?

Default answering myself

Nada, didn't see one landed, saw a few kings or jacks roll, no one caught, hooked, landed anything.

Yep, fishing sucked for me over there this weekend. My buddy landed a couple of kings tossing hardware. We did a little fly fishing, below the bridges, but we definitely couldn't do that down by the mouths where the circus was being held...

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Looks like the king salmon fishing on the Susitna Streams is over for this year:

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Stati...ks_Streams.pdf

Default Sweet!

Now maybe there will be room to do some trout, dollie, and grayling fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    Now maybe there will be room to do some trout, dollie, and grayling fishing!
    Not on the susitna drainages. They are closed to all sport fishing. The little Su is still open to fishing for species other than king salmon.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

You can still fish for dollies, bows and grayling in waters not (normaly) open king fishing. Above the highway bridge for most streams and 1/2 mile above the highway bridge for Montana.

FishGod is correct!

Here is the amended emergency order:

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Stati...rification.pdf

I hope that no one fishes the wrong waters in the Valley and gets cited!

The problem is that if there aren't any kings above the highway there probably won't be any rainbows either. Hopefully they will be downstream behind a nice big school of chinook!

So you can't even fish the mouths for trout or anything until July 13th.....? Not even on the weekends? They word everything so difficult! just speak in plain english F&G!!!

Went to Willow Creek yesterday and fished for rainbows. I walked up from the Parks bridge to the railroad bridge. Picked up a few rainbows. In that stretch of water I counted seven, "7" Kings. Water was clear so you could see rather well. All seven were small no big lunkers. Normally this time of year in that stretch of water I have seen a lot more salmon. The EO and the regs aren't that hard to read even for me but then again I'm retired F&G so I guess I know the lingo.

PS: Not trying to be a smart ***

Thumbs down uncalled for

That's really an inapropriate comment bowdy.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    That's really an inappropriate comment bowdy.
    I agree, a happy face does not cover up for abusive nature. comments such as that have led t so many of the restrictions we have here on the Forum...

Keep it clean... it will go a lot further.

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Acronyms

F..A....G......FIsh and game. I had a simple question.

Default Its all good

I know what you meant Bowdy its all good. They (ADF&G, F&G, whatever you prefer) can word that stuff kinda weird once in awhile. I dont know why everyone got worked up over it. Taker Easy

Default apologize

If I ticked someone off with my response I truly apologize. I didn't mean to upset anyone...............

No hard feeling here Jim, NO WORRIES man!!!

Default Apologies

Sorry for being a (......). If I understood the regs I wouldn't have asked, and still hasn't been answered. Can you still fish the streams below the highway for trout and grayling? If so, what times? Just the 3 days (sat-mon)?

Yes you can fish below the Parks Hiway bridge. The EO is for Kings only...

Go to page #28 of the reg book. "This section closed to ALL FISHING" Till July 13th. On the 14th of July 0001 it opens. Just give the boys a call in the Palmer Office #746 6300. Ask for Sam or Dave. I personally stay away from going down till the 14th. Better safe than sorry. It's only a week away before the whole thing is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Fly Guy View Post
    Yes you can fish below the Parks Hiway bridge. The EO is for Kings only...
    This isn't true. The revised emergency order makes it clear that where ever you could have fished for king salmon is now closed to all fishing through July 13th.

All fishing is closed for the Parks Highway streams below the highway bridges except for Montana Creek. On Montana Creek all fishing is closed downstream from a point 1/2 mile above the highway bridge .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast