Thread: Is it snowing yet!!

Default Is it snowing yet!!

OK I've never been very keen on warm weather but I just cant wait for this summer to be over! Gunther seems to share my opinion, he watches snowmachining DVDs 3 or 4 times a week and he is constantly trying to uncover the sleds! Seriously my 2 year old loves freestyle DVDs, he picks them not me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

U aint kiddin. You know what will help.....pull ur older tundra into the shop and do some tinkerin to it. Nothing beats summertime blues like building some custom freight sled, or buildig some custom mod on ur sled like "secret james bond type tool kit box" or some crazy thing like that.

For the first time, I am looking forward for a snow machine season and some ice fishing. I learned that you can for farther and faster on a snowmachine than in a boat and that it is much smoother than a wheeler.

I miss riding my machine so much I pulled it out of the garage and fired it up. Love the smell of 2 stroke and the sound of the MBRP can ringing in the air. Solstice ic over and the days are getting shorter............ I can almost smell the snow.

Default Snow

Driving up and back from the copper last weekend, the snow levels were the lowest I have ever seen in euerka for June, Gunsight had snow about a quarter the way down as well as most of hte mountains in the area....crazy stuff for June!!!

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Mainer
    Doing some body work to the new Tundra first, love that sled not fond of it's way too "family friendly look". I'll post pics of the new more suited to my style sled as soon as mods are complete. I'm also thinking of doing a complete tear down on the old sled and getting some working lights on her!

Hunter45
    Ditto

Trout
    Snow that far down gun sight now! Bring on the white stuff brother!
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Rick, does the little bugger do OK with the helmet on? I've heard of little kids having problems keeping their heads up with the weight of a helmet and their little necks...

hunt_ak I bought my daughter a youth atv helmet at Team CC for her third birthday. It looks big and heavy, but you'd be surprised if I put it in your hands. it weights less than a pound and my daughter has never had any trouble with it. I spent over $100 on it, but the kids noggin is kinda important.

Fish Creek sales has a good selection of youth helmets. I have been super impressed with their service too! They actually asked it I was military (at the time I was) and then gave me a discount! I purchased a set of Arctiva bibs from them and the stitching pulled out of the leg about a month later they replaced it on the spot, no questions asked, and I have put alot of mile on the new set with no additional issues. I have also had them send me to other dealers when they didn't have what I needed in stock. I got 2 helmets with full shields and visors for my boys 4 & 6 at the time. No problems wearing them at that age.

I have had great luck with Fish creek and Arctic Cat in Wasilla, just going the extra mile for me! AC pulled a starter off a machine on the floor and gave it to a friend to run to my cousin who was stuck in up baldy when his failed (warranty) but no proof was delivered or asked for. They just told them to bring in the bad one so they could claim it from A/C. Too bad A/C wasilla only sells AC quads or they would have my summer buisness too <grin>

I also got Gunther's helmet ate fish creek, good folks real advice great products. Sounds like Gremlin got the same helmet I got for gun. He looks like he's about to topple over but he decided that was of no real importance the second it dawned on him he wouldn't be on the sled without it.

I do try to brace his head when we are crossing washboard or making a deep turn. Kids necks aren't nearly as developed as you and I's, I slow way down and leave the adventurous stuff alone when he's siting in front of me.
    BHA Member

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    I miss riding my machine so much I pulled it out of the garage and fired it up. Love the smell of 2 stroke and the sound of the MBRP can ringing in the air. Solstice ic over and the days are getting shorter............ I can almost smell the snow.
    I must be as crazy as you...I did the same thing. Before I got a snowmachine, I used to make fun of people with the "Summer Sucks" on the back of their trucks...I understand now.